Bye-Bye Ben & Jerry's...Hello Blue Bell???

@Actorguy Are you telling me to prefer Blue Bell over Ben and Jerry's? That's a tough comparison, but Ben and Jerry's flavor options are just the bomb. Even though Blue Bell ice cream is delicious and a classic, Ben and Jerry's flavors are just the best to me. As long as RCL doesn't pick Eddy's or Breyers I think everyone is in the clear. I'm sure the line will make a good choice. If it doesn't, you know RCL is going to hear about it! I wonder what RCL has up its sleeve. Blue Bell is a good guess.

image.thumb.png.7396b995f384a94dddb4df9744b0d8b5.png

Edited by 3Sisters

Why can’t they just make their own ice cream like celebrity does - that has got to be some of the best ice cream and it’s free!  Well it has been free in the past, but like the cookies, they will probably start charging extra for it.  

• Thanks 1

@FJB Honestly, I think that's such a great idea! I didn't even think of that. Since I haven't cruised with Celebrity Cruises in the past, I didn't realize that the line offers free ice cream to all guests. That's really unique! Many cruise lines don't offer that perk. I have noticed that most cruise lines are starting to charge extra for most of their signature perks. The cookies have been a staple for the line. Guests were not pleased with the upcharge. 

In terms of RCL's new ice cream, I have no idea! I can't wait to find out the new vendor. It will be hard to top the very popular Ben and Jerry's. 

I really hope they decide to ditch the dairy in place of a plant-based option instead like Oatly's soft serve.  I think it only makes sense as the brand is always trying to be more sustainable and cow's milk is so resource intensive and is such a large contributor to greenhouse gas emissions.  It also better serves their customers with lactose intolerance and following plant-based diets.  Not to mention that the dairy industry is arguably one of the cruelest mainstream industries, if you don't know about the process I encourage everyone to watch 'Dairy is Scary' on YouTube.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, TexasTraveler said:

I really hope they decide to ditch the dairy in place of a plant-based option instead like Oatly's soft serve.  I think it only makes sense as the brand is always trying to be more sustainable and cow's milk is so resource intensive and is such a large contributor to greenhouse gas emissions.  It also better serves their customers with lactose intolerance and following plant-based diets.  Not to mention that the dairy industry is arguably one of the cruelest mainstream industries, if you don't know about the process I encourage everyone to watch 'Dairy is Scary' on YouTube.

Sounds like you need to visit a dairy farm and have a sit down with the farmer.  Don’t believe everything you read on the internet or watch on YouTube.  

• Like 2

@TexasTraveler I love the idea of having a plant-based option for dairy-free guests. I love consuming dairy regularly, but for those who don't support dairy farms or can't consume the product, this is a great alternative. In the near future, plant-based products are going to take over the market. Due to the "emissions of cows" farmers are having a tough time trying to keep up with the excess taxation and regulatory constraints of the market. I would hate to see cow milk products and beef products leave the market, but it's the new wave of the future. 

@Woody14 Great minds think alike! @FJB The options are endless if the line is willing to make their own. It could be a signature and better than ever!

On 12/18/2023 at 9:23 PM, 3Sisters said:

@Actorguy Are you telling me to prefer Blue Bell over Ben and Jerry's? That's a tough comparison, but Ben and Jerry's flavor options are just the bomb. Even though Blue Bell ice cream is delicious and a classic, Ben and Jerry's flavors are just the best to me. As long as RCL doesn't pick Eddy's or Breyers I think everyone is in the clear. I'm sure the line will make a good choice. If it doesn't, you know RCL is going to hear about it! I wonder what RCL has up its sleeve. Blue Bell is a good guess.

image.thumb.png.7396b995f384a94dddb4df9744b0d8b5.png

Are you frightening kidding me?? Blue Bell is like the Walmart of Ice Creams!! Just read the ingredients in their Vanilla Ice Cream: Artificial flavor and colors and High Fructose Corn Syrup!!

EEEWWWWW

GAG ME WITH A SPOON!!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

@Amythest2112 I'm laughing so hard! Blue Bell definitely isn't known for its quality ingredients. Most ice cream has artificial flavors and colors nowadays. That's one of the reasons I cook in so much. When you go to restaurants, they feed you that same kind of junk unless you go to a 4-5-star restaurant that prides itself in clean dining. Almost everywhere you go to get desert is offering Blue Bell style ice cream as the accompaniment to the dish. 

@FJBBlue Bunny is a great name for dairy-free! The dairy-free lifestyle is an expensive and trendy one. It's all filled with added oils and fillers to try and get it to the consistency of milk. It's all about trying to attain milk likeness! I understand for the purpose of allergies, but oat milk costs like $5. It's made of such a cheap ingredient! People pay through the roof for oiled and sugared products that don't even come close. But I do agree, it is the future.

@FJB Where is Blue Bunny sold? This is the first time I have heard of Blue Bunny. Thanks for posting this photo. Bunny Tracks sounds like a crowd-pleaser! I love that there are peanut butter bunnies inside. This flavor reminds me a lot of Moose Tracks. I'm not sure where you are from, but have you tried Publix Premium ice cream? It is so good! The flavors are just delicious, and the selection is endless. I haven't tried a flavor I disliked. The banana cream pie and the chocolate cherry flavors are some of my top favorites. I wouldn't be surprised about the homemade ice cream. I'm sure it would be delicious, but it's all about the flavors. If the flavors are innovative, it's going to become a crowd-pleaser for sure! 

5 minutes ago, Kendall James-Vargas said:

@FJB Where is Blue Bunny sold? This is the first time I have heard of Blue Bunny. Thanks for posting this photo. Bunny Tracks sounds like a crowd-pleaser! I love that there are peanut butter bunnies inside. This flavor reminds me a lot of Moose Tracks. I'm not sure where you are from, but have you tried Publix Premium ice cream? It is so good! The flavors are just delicious, and the selection is endless. I haven't tried a flavor I disliked. The banana cream pie and the chocolate cherry flavors are some of my top favorites. I wouldn't be surprised about the homemade ice cream. I'm sure it would be delicious, but it's all about the flavors. If the flavors are innovative, it's going to become a crowd-pleaser for sure! 

Bunny Tracks is similar to Moose Tracks.  We used to sell Blue Bunny when we owned a grocery store - that’s how I learned about it.  I think I have seen it sold in Food Lion.

We don’t have any Publix in the Northeast that I know of.  

• Thanks 1

@FJB I was spot on then! Moose tracks is a family favorite in our home. I love Food Lion! I'm in the West now and my only option is pretty much King Soopers, but I never shop there. I wish we had Food Lion nearby. I especially miss Publix. Every time I am back in Florida (which is quite often) I also stop in Publix for a Pub Sub. The Bogo deals were the best too. I usually shop at Costco and Trader Joe's now. I rarely buy ice cream from there because the options are either ice cream for a year or ice cream for one. Target is where I typically get my ice cream but I don't like the market pantry brand. It's just basic.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 12/28/2023 at 7:00 PM, Kendall James-Vargas said:

Try Walmart 

Being from the UK, I've never heard of Blue Bunny before. I have heard of Ben and Jerry's, personally I can't stand the stuff, but at least it's a common brand. Bunny tracker made me laugh, sounds like a Bounty Hunter on a mission. 

• Haha 1

Very true @PaulBha ha. Like you, I've never heard of the brand before, just haven't taken any notice. I'm not an ice cream lover anyhow, so no matter which brand they have onboard, I would not be getting any. I do have a sweet tooth, so pastries would be my ideal treat.

@LukeJ It's so popular here I didn't even think about how other countries likely don't even know the product! To be honest, I think Europe likely has better ice cream and gelato options. In the United States, everything is overly processed and made with lower quality ingredients. The food standards in Europe are much better than those in the US in general. After just coming off a MSC Cruises' ship I can tell you the ice cream offering onboard is superb. The flavors are so creamy and delicious, without being overly sweetened like the options offered on other cruise lines. I prefer pastries as well. MSC Cruises also has the best pastries out of all of the cruise lines I have tried. I indulge in those daily with a cappuccino daily instead of the "American" breakfast. I can make eggs and bacon any day at home!

• 2 weeks later...

I've been reading about Turkey Hill, one of the biggest brands in US. I've again never heard of them, but there seems to be a popular reputation going forward. I'm always willing to try new things, I find it important to explore.

@LukeJ I haven't heard of Turkey Hill either! Maybe they are a wholesale company. If not, I really haven't seen "Turkey Hill" ice cream in any stores in the US. I love to explore new things, but ice cream is one of those items I think I'm more inclined to try. What is your favorite dessert? Beyond ice cream, I'm more of a dark chocolate girl. If I had to choose between ice cream and chocolate, I would choose chocolate. I love that just a little bit of the concentrated good stuff hits the spot! Over indulging isn't my thing, but a great quality chocolate is superb in my book! 

Makes me laugh though, who thought it would be a good idea calling a company Turkey Hill. Maybe we should think of alternative names for companies like Chicken Mound. Or call a piano store "tickle my ivories". Let's see how many great names we can all think of.

• Like 1

@LukeJ I thought the same thing! That's why I assumed it was a wholesale supplier. I don't want ice cream that comes from a turkey hill. The fact that my ice cream would even be surrounded by turkeys just rubs me the wrong way. Maybe turkeys and dairy cows really hit it off. In fact, the brand may be marketed as such, "Happy cows produce sweeter dairy" or "Turkeys are a cow's best friend." I like all the names you came up with! I want my deli meat to be packged at Turkey Hill. Now that I have roasted Turkey Hill ice cream, it's fair to say I should put my money where my mouth is and give it a try!