Royal Caribbean's first beach club sounds pretty sweet, but it is going to take some pretty serious sustainability measures! The beach club will be free of single-use plastics, boasting of having zero waste-to-landfill. If you like your beachside beverage with a straw, I recommend bringing your own stainless steel options if you don't want a soggy, compostable straw! I'm proud of the cruise line for making all of these extra efforts to protect the local environment, including the beloved coral reefs. 

• 1 month later...

@Baowen I agree that RCL is doing a great job at prioritizing sustainability here. I think all cruise lines are working very diligently to make cruising more eco-friendly. Do you usually avoid visiting Nassau? If anything, this beach club will indeed incentivize new guests who are curious to experience the new Royal Caribbean Beach Club amenities. 

@kefthecruiser I wouldn't be surprised if RCL's beach club offered something epic like that! I love ziplining! Have you enjoyed ziplining in the past? I have only tried it twice and each time was great. Carnival Corporation actually helped fund the world's steepest zip line in the Rockland estate eco-park in St. Maarten. This is one zipline I would really love to try; it would be the thrill of a lifetime. 

• Like 1

@kefthecruiser You are funny! Zip lines are a true adventure so not everyone enjoys the thrill, sort of like the water slides onboard. Not everyone enjoys being jerked around by water for fun. I'm usually in for the thrill but sometimes I also prefer to just sit back and watch. It's quite the occasion to zip line. Usually, those things involve wait times, waivers to sign, and the right clothing/gear. Sometimes I just prefer to enjoy my vacation walking out in a bathing suit and flip-flops with nothing to do and no place to be.

@Jim Lamb I haven't been on RCL's one in Labadee! I love the idea that the landing is right by the bar. That's such a clever design! Those waiting for you must also appreciate that amenity to kill time! 

Edited by 3Sisters

@3Sisters I've seen the video for the zip lines. And even though I can appreciate that it may be fun or thrilling looking over the ocean and it's panoramic views, it definitely is not for me I'm afraid. I don't mind the slides and the pools, but to be zipped around that high up in the air, I'm happy to give my place to someone else.

It's certainly not for everyone! There are height and weight requirements as well that make this activity more exclusive. To top it off, you also have to be a pretty brave soul, and doing more peaceful activities likely attracts the majority. I'm pretty sure you have to pay extra too. Zip lines are for adventure/thrill seekers. Also, I think many people outgrow ziplining. I'm still interested to do it, but with young kids, I usually end up doing something geared towards them.