Carnival Mardi Gras belongs at Port of New Orleans!

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE...move the Carnival Mardi Gras to the Port of New Orleans PLEASE?!!! 🙏🏽😊

I am scheduling a large family cruise in July of 2023. We'll be traveling down the Mississippi River by Amtrak and I see that the Carnival Glory is departing from New Orleans instead of the Carnival Mardi Gras. I'd LOVE to crusie on your new ship! I'm asking that you guys think about this change! Thank you in advance! 🤗

Love, Felicia R Jones & my family group 🛳❤️

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know it is not feasible for the Marci Gras to move to New Orleans, BUT, I have taken over 20 cruises out of there and it seems like we are the forgotten stepchild. All of our bigger ships are moved to Galveston and they also get newer ships. While I love the Conquest class, why can we not get a bigger and newer ship. I have never sailed out of New Orleans when the ship was not full so it can’t be that the ships are not full.

I think it is more because the newer ships are bigger larger and can hold more passengers.  Smaller cruise ports may not be able to accommodate these larger ships, they often stick to greatest-hits itineraries that has larger cruise ports, and the mere number of passengers alighting will overwhelm the city.  If you are looking for more exotic trips/cruise, maybe you'd want to try the smaller ships, they have fantastic itineraries.