• 3 weeks later...

@Glenn SchoenmetzThe requirement to board during this time isn't up to the cruise line.  The requirements are set by the departing ports and the different ports of call of each country.  Also it is expensive and a nightmare for cruise ships to have a massive breakout onboard.  Passengers and crew getting seriously ill is not something the ship wants to happen on any of their cruise.

DeanneB, the people getting sick with it now ARE the vaxed! As far as the requirements, the CDC does not have the power to enact policy, they only have the power to publish rules and guidelines. It's the cruise lines that are following the heavy hand of the CD(emocrat)D! I would bet you that if you put, let's say 2500 people that are unvaxed on a 7 day cruise to nowhere (read that as no port calls) that the infection rate at the end of the cruise would be less than or equal to the current rate of infections on cruises.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@Jim Lamb Yeah, I get that.  everyone is getting it vaxxed and the non-vaxxed.  I think what they are saying is non vaxxed is more of a health risk and liability since they have more complications that the ones that are vaccinated.  They just do not want people to be critically ill while on board.  Their medical staff and capability is limited.  Just imagine how it would be like for a full-blown scenario.  That will be a nightmare.

• 3 weeks later...

@kcruiser  according to RCCL website " According to the European Medicines Agency (EMA), being up to date means you have had the second dose of your original vaccine series within the past 270 days or a booster dose – and that you were vaccinated with an EMA-approved vaccine: Pfizer, Moderna, Johnson & Johnson, Novavax (Nuvaxovid, Covovax), or Astrazeneca; or with a vaccine authorized by the World Health Organization. These standards apply to guests age 12 and up (or 6 and up for Italy stops). If you need a booster dose, you can get it as soon as the day you board the cruise and will be considered up to date instantly."

--  So it does look like you need the booster shot depending on when was your second dose.

• 2 weeks later...

Come on Royal! I know that you guys have someone monitoring what goes on these boards so you have the pulse of the public. Do the right thing! get rid of these draconian vax mandates and open up your future! Get back to normal life! The damn thing is over and don't be the last ones holding out to the fear!

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Jim Lamb said:

Come on Royal! I know that you guys have someone monitoring what goes on these boards so you have the pulse of the public. Do the right thing! get rid of these draconian vax mandates and open up your future! Get back to normal life! The damn thing is over and don't be the last ones holding out to the fear!

I was hoping the vax mandates would be gone by September but doesn't look like that is happening.  30yr wedding anniversary that month and was hoping to splurge on a nice suite for my bride.  Doesn't look promising at the moment.  Many on that critical website are predicting vaccines will stay at least thru the end of the year(same ones that believe the vax & boosters work) - I hope they are all wrong.  At least give me a November cruise...

• Sad 1