NCL Cruise to Bermuda

5 of us cruise to Bermuda from New York in June and we still don't know what's required at the NY terminal and to enter Bermuda.

Why isn't NCL giving us some direction on what we need to do?? Does anyone know the latest information we need to take this cruise??

You must apply to the Bermuda Tourism Authority for Travel Authorization.  The application is online and it costs $40.00 to process.  You will have to provide proof of a negative Covid Test and other ID information.  We went to Bermuda last October and the application fee was $75.00.  If you go to the website there will be an icon for cruise ship passengers and all of the info will be there.  When I did it - I got my test results first and then applied for the Travel Authorization. You must have that to board the ship.  This is separate from any NCL protocol. The negative Covid Test will also serve as the NCL requirement.  If the Travel Authorization is not obtained ahead of time and brought with you it can be very expensive at the terminal.  Offiicials from Bermuda were present at the Manhattan Terminal to assist people who had no knowledge of the Bermuda requirement.   

I only knew about this because I had thought about flying to Bermuda and the entry requirements were so prohibitive.  I am glad tthat I knew because unlike many people who booked cruises to Bermuda I was prepared.  NCL was not any help with this step. 

This is the most recent information because we are going to Bermuda form Boston in April .

Good Luck

Screenshot 2022-03-24 5.17.41 PM.png

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
When we went to Bermuda last October we took the PCR test at CVS which was free a the time.  Now you  have to pay for it.  Last month when we went to the Bahamas we took the Rapid Antigen test at an Urgent Care Center on Friday as we were leaving on Sunday.  
You can also call or e-mail your questions to the BTA.   Toll Free Number (1-833-570-2594) or via email at TAapprovals@gov.bm

Negative Pre-Arrival Test
Convenient testing in Bermuda

All visitors 2 years and older must provide a negative COVID-19 pre-arrival test result. Supervised antigen tests must be taken no more than 2 days before arrival and NAAT (PCR, LAMP or TMA) tests taken no more than 4 days before arrival. See complete list of pre-travel testing requirements and accepted tests.