Unvaccinated cruise

I completely agree! We are unvaccinated but had covid in May last year. I just donated blood again 3 weeks ago and the Red Cross started again testing for covid antibodies. My results came back as Reactive+ which means, according to the Red Cross, that my antibody levels are high enough that my plasma can be used as "convalescent plasma". I am at least as protected as those who are vaccinated and boosted! Let us cruise!!

• Like 2

• 3 months later...
8 hours ago, ncs said:

I sure hope not.  With Covid mutating and still present, the only way to keep it under control and avoid unnecessary serious illness is being vaccinated.  Believe in science!

The vaccine is not stopping infection. 50% of recent covid deaths were vaccinated. Believe in the data! 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/26/2022 at 1:35 PM, DeanneB said:

There is a small chance of easing up the vax requirements this summer or this year.  They are still dead set on it  Maybe next year.  Here's to hoping!  

I actually work for Royal Caribbean and they where allowing us to make reservations for unvaccinated guests last week. But as of Aug 5th they informed us that we would give them refunds and not to book any more unvaccinated guests until further notice. But it is definitely looking like we are heading in that direction. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Royal Worker said:

I actually work for Royal Caribbean and they where allowing us to make reservations for unvaccinated guests last week. But as of Aug 5th they informed us that we would give them refunds and not to book any more unvaccinated guests until further notice. But it is definitely looking like we are heading in that direction. 

Interesting that they allowed booking and then stopped it within a week, before any of the booked unvaxxed could even sail.    We need to start allowing the unclean on ships to prove there will be no difference in cases whether the ship is fully or partially vaxxed. 

• Like 1

It is interesting indeed that they allowed the unvaxxed to book and then retract them just as quickly.  Could be that they already reached the limit on their slots for unvaccinated passengers.  They did mention that they will only allow a certain percentage.

The stupidity and pandering make it tough to respect RCL. On a given day, I'll interact or come in close proximity with 100 people...more when I travel. Testing 2 or 3 days prior makes little sense. Old and obese folks are more likely to struggle with any illness, what restrictions are in place for them? 50+ cruises over more than 20 years, people bring lots of illness aboard and they'll keep doing so. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Seaawgs said:

The stupidity and pandering make it tough to respect RCL. On a given day, I'll interact or come in close proximity with 100 people...more when I travel. Testing 2 or 3 days prior makes little sense. Old and obese folks are more likely to struggle with any illness, what restrictions are in place for them? 50+ cruises over more than 20 years, people bring lots of illness aboard and they'll keep doing so. 

I have to agree with you on this.  On my last cruise pre-covid, my daughter and I got the flu 4 days in, our 7-day cruise.  People are joining in from all over the country and the world.  There is a real chance that they may be bringing in whatever they have.  It cannot be helped I guess.  We just have to protect ourselves.  Sanitize, physical boundaries and 1 meter of personal space.