GEM cruise on Wednesday the 19th

After watching the news on the existing GEM cruise out of NYC, what are the chances it will sail this Wednesday?  Anyone know if the ports are re-open or why the GEM was refused in the first place?  I don't mind a changed itinerary but 10 days without any land stop might be a stretch too far.  Looking forward to anyone's insight.

Seems very hush hush I thought we'd be seeing articles from the people that were on board this cruise and how they can turn around and go back out with the same itinerary. We are scheduled on the gem end of March and considering not going. Would love to hear any news on these 2 cruises.

I found an on-line link for tracking cruise ships positions and port visits. According to it the Gem docked in D.R. on 1/22/22 and not Turks as originally shown in the itinerary. Of course, most of us know that Turks hasn't accepted cruise ships since 2020 so I question why NCL hasn't modified the itinerary to reflect that. I guess they keep hoping for a change in the ports status.

The tracker then showed it docked in St. Maarten today. The million dollar question is whether or not it will make the remaining ports of Tortola and St, Thomas. I guess only time will tell.

I am scheduled to make this same trip in a couple of weeks so I would be very interested in anything anyone hears  regarding this ship or ideally a report from someone who is returning on the current cruise and is willing to share their experiences with us.

Thanks in advance.

Update to my Monday post. I learned that the Gem was in D.R. on Saturday, at Catalina Island (D.R.) on Sunday, St. Maarten on Monday and Tortola on Tuesday. Haven't determined yet if they made St. Thomas today.

One note - there was a small crisis on board over the weekend. They ran out of Baileys. Apparently they hadn't done a full replenishment since 1/2/22.