Has anyone noticed that since the ICON arrived in Ponce that its location does not show up on the ship tracker map anymore? I didn't know that they had the option to turn off their location beacons that way. I know that according to the articles on them arriving there that they would be spending a few days in that port awaiting the arrival of their new crew members and finishing up some details and I am just wanting to watch the progress to Miami for the first time.

• Like 2

@Jim Lamb That's very interesting. I didn't see it on the map either. I'm not sure why the tracking location isn't live anymore. Hopefully, this is just a temporary thing and will come back pretty soon. Please keep me posted once you see it live again. I will be following the Icon of the Seas too. It's such an interesting thing when this happens. Maybe it's just a server glitch.

image.png

Edited by Kendall James-Vargas

@Jim Lamb Icon of the Seas has almost made it to Miami! It's getting very close. I can't believe it's almost there. The poor weather patterns have the ship arriving later than I expected, on January 10th. Will you be cruising onboard in the coming months? The prices seemed very steep for the initial itineraries, but I figured if I wait a bit I will find some better price options. The ship has to be worth it. We can't forget it's the largest cruise ship in the world!

image.thumb.png.3330e554aeced2959c81a3ed4fa99e68.png

I’m not sure if it was a glitch in RCCLs booking platform (which is an exclusive system for travel agents) but I was able to get my client a 7 day in May for $1,600 per person, Balcony. Pricing through their website AND through my travel agent RCCL rep, it priced at $4,900 more per cabin. 

luck of the draw, maybe??? 🤷‍♂️

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@Global Expeditions w Paul That's such a great rate for Icon of the Seas! It sounds like you were able to offer an unbeatable price. I'm impressed you were able to achieve that, but your client must be over the moon. May isn't that far away either. I wonder why the rates were so low on your end. It is a good time of year to cruise before the summer prices go higher. Those summer rates are always way too high. I always prefer to cruise off-season and right before hurricane season kicks off.