NCL Getaway this week Carribean itinerary change?

Does anyone have any information on the why the NCL Getaway skipped Bermuda which was supposed to be its first stop?   It seems like the whole itineray was backwards.  The ship is now on its way back to NYC  from the Carribean.  This is 3 full sea days on the return trip.    We are looking at this cruise for February and it seems like Bermudaa is always skipped.  Thank you.

• Thanks 1

@bombarc I haven't seen any updates on this. Bermuda is likely a highlight of that NCL Getaway itinerary. In October many cruise ships skipped Bermuda due to Hurricane Tammy, and in November there was a cold front that prevented guests from stopping there. I feel like there is always an excuse to skip a port. NCL is notorious for skipping ports due to "environmental factors" too. I can only assume guests were notified of poor weather patterns causing this change, but I wonder what's really going on. Is Bermuda a make-or-break cruise stop for you?

No, it is about the amount of "sea days".   A stop in Bermuda on the way down breaks up the sea days.  It is supposed to be 2 sea days back but on this trip it is 3. It seems like the whole itinerary was rearranged.  I have been on the Getaway twice when it never went to where it was supposed to.  It is the only ship homeporting in NYC for the season so I have limited options.

Edited by bombarc
added comment
  • Thanks 1

@bombarc That's interesting. Too many sea days in a row are unnecessary if it's not a transatlantic or unique cruise itinerary. NCL tends to have some inconsistency with keeping to its originally slated itineraries. I think it's quite wise that you have been following the ship's trends over the past month to get an indicator as to what would likely happen on the same cruise in February. There is another guest @Maria who is booked on NCL Getaway and has shared the recent itinerary changes experienced. There have been many recent changes to this itinerary, including a missed port of call in Belize. 

@Maria I have read reviews stating that NCL Epic has even more amenities than NCL Getaway so you may be in for an enhanced cruising experience this go! I'm assuming this will be your first time cruising on NCL Epic. Is that correct? I love your positive attitude about enjoying all the ship has to offer. What I'm gathering from @bombarc is that more sea days are not attractive. If the ship is great, I don't think extra sea days are an issue, but with the inconsistency in keeping to the itinerary, I see. theconcern. It bothers me when cruise lines aren't very consistent in honoring the itineraries guests booked. There is nothing wrong with an itinerary change, but when it's happening over and over again I get pretty uneasy. Those patterns seem questionable. I would like to know why there is so much inconsistency as well. 

You are going to enjoy the ship so much. I'm excited for you! What amenities do you typically utilize the most onboard your cruise experience? I typically love a great evening theatre show, some live danceable music, and a great gym with views of the ocean. I have been getting more into the spa/thermal suites too. I usually utilize those more while I'm alone than when I cruise with family or friends. The dynamic changes when you cruise with others. 

I don't mind the extra sea days, but as you said I think it's totally situational. If you have been on the ship before, it's more likely you don't want as many sea days in concession. I also think you want to get what you paid for. If the line keeps changing things around it doesn't feel right. It gives you a bad taste in your mouth.