Cruise Hive Boards

Princess Food

I have been reading lately that the food on Princess has gone way down in quality.  How does everyone feel about that.   Planning on taking a Princess cruise to ALASKA for the first time and was told to pick Princess because it had the best food.  Please respond with your opinion..Donna

• Sad 1

@Donna Rheault I have been hearing that many cruise lines' menus are becoming "stale." I don't think Princess Cruises' food quality has declined but it could be showing as repetitive. In fact, I just read the article on Princess Cruises' new perks onboard. Have you heard of the OceanNow food and beverage delivery service? This is something that would make for an epic and relaxing cruise. I have yet to experience this myself but I love the idea of this offering, especially when out by the pool and you don't want to get dressed and wait in line at the buffet. I wouldn't let these negative perspectives deter you from cruising with Princess Cruises to Alaska. I think you will be pleasantly surprised. Also, don't skip out on the Medallion experience.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/29/2023 at 2:15 AM, PaulB said:

The need for changing the menus is a must. Not only is it better to have something new for guests, but also the chefs need something to do other than the same repetitive dishes as always. 

Just now, Rayk said:

Princess pizzas, still included, rate very highly.  Recently spent 28 days on Majestic princess and found that dining experience was up to the Princess standard.  The cookies have shrunk though.  Speciality dining remains high quality and reasonably priced.   Doing a comparison using RCL in October 23

I could never imagine being onboard for 28 days. I've never done a vacation more than 14 days. What was it like being onboard for that length of time? Does it get better the longer you are on, or were you ready to go home by that time?

• 3 weeks later...

As always there is something to do be done whether it be portside or on seadays.  Longest was Arcadia Sydney to London,  42 days. Think that the longer cruises give you more time to do all of the things you want to do rather than try to cram them all in

• Like 1

@FJB Yes, 14 days is really great for a transatlantic option! I wish I could get away for more than seven days. After cruising yet another Caribbean itinerary, I'm ready to expand my horizons a bit. If I were to take a European cruise, I think I would need to really take advantage of flying all the way there and book a longer itinerary. The cost of flights often ends up almost matching that of the entire cruise experience!