Cruise Hive Boards

COVID Crown Princess

• 2 weeks later...

Sad to say but 2 other princess ships in Australia regions are having issues with Covid-19

Majestic Princess was quarantined by Tahiti with over 100 cases of covid-19 two weeks ago

Coral Princess was also reported of having about 100 cases of Covid

Have to say having cruised on Regal Princess & Sky Princess earlier this year in the UK, they seemed to have very good covid procedures also having hand washing before you entered the buffet and we felt safe and didn't hear of any Covid cases onboard

• Sad 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 10/27/2022 at 11:41 PM, Blue Shirt said:

Sad to say but 2 other princess ships in Australia regions are having issues with Covid-19

Majestic Princess was quarantined by Tahiti with over 100 cases of covid-19 two weeks ago

Coral Princess was also reported of having about 100 cases of Covid

Have to say having cruised on Regal Princess & Sky Princess earlier this year in the UK, they seemed to have very good covid procedures also having hand washing before you entered the buffet and we felt safe and didn't hear of any Covid cases onboard

@Blue Shirt are there any more ships impacted?

On 11/27/2022 at 5:38 PM, KristineF said:

I am inclined to think that the removal of Covid testing might be premature.  I personally dread that we will have to go back to testing and masking ugh!!

Unless you're cruising in Australia, you should be fine. I also think that Australia will soon ease the protocols again.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

@KristineF The constant changes in cruise protocols can certainly be difficult to keep up with. I hope the industry returns to simplified protocols where guests can feel confident to cruise again. There are certainly several boxes to check before a sailing, more than the pre-pandemic days. In my opinion though, going through the additional steps is worth it to get back to vacationing on a ship again!

• 4 months later...

We tested positive for covid after the Seattle to Vancouver Alaska cruise with princess last October as well. The handwashing at buffets was not enforced as much as the NCL cruise we took in May 2022 for Mexican Riviera. 

• Sad 2

@Shan What a bummer you contracted this sickness post-cruise! Was this Seattle to Vancouver Alaska cruise a masked vacation? I think this time period wasn't requiring masks onboard anymore, but I don't quite remember exactly. I think hand washing is super important and a great way from contracting a sickness but unfortunately, it's not always effective, especially in a packed cruise ship without social distancing. Most cruise lines have upped their games in terms of cleanliness, but things like this happen more often than not. Realistically, your contraction of this virus could have even occurred off-ship at a port of call or while enjoying an excursion. Do you have an idea as to how or when you may have come in contact with the virus? I hope your next cruise experience doesn't involve sickness! Thankfully and hopefully this was only an issue towards the end of your cruise experience.