CDC announced a temporary extension of CSO

I didn't know which category to post this so chose NCL.

On October 25, the CDC announced that from November 1, 2021, the Framework for Conditional Sailing Order will have a temporary extension until January 15, 2022. It means the current guidelines and requirements will continue and apply for cruise ships operating in the U.S. except for Florida, where the CDC order is just a recommendation due to a recent lawsuit.

IMHO, I wish Florida's lawsuit against the CDC was a Class-Action suit so it would cover all ports in the U.S.

When CDC was first established there was a real "need" for its existence.

When the "Buggy Whip" was invented, there was a real "need" for its existence. 

Both have outlived its purpose.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Regarding Emry's post:

Perhaps the most significant change in the new document is that it pertains only to foreign-flagged vessels. Foreign flagged cruise ships operate internationally while homeporting for a large part in the United States.

I don't believe the above is True.   If it is, then the NCL's Pride of America ship sailing round-trip from Honolulu is exempt. 

True ???

Hi @Cruise-Sailor, thanks so much for posting! One of the other writers did a more detailed look at some of the differences between the previous order and the current temporary order. It will be interesting to see what happens on January 15th with the new voluntary program with the cruise line. To be honest, I don't think much will change at that time.