Exploring other options

All these cutbacks and, instead of compensating us by LOWERING costs, Carnival actually has the audacity to RAISE costs.  I’m giving them one year to get their act together or my wife and I - despite both being Platinum - will be spending our money on Royal Caribbean.  I know this alone won’t have an impact on their bottom line, but I’ve spoken to hundreds of loyal Carnival cruisers who will be going down the same path!!!

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

16 hours ago, Unhappy cruisers said:

All these cutbacks and, instead of compensating us by LOWERING costs, Carnival actually has the audacity to RAISE costs.  I’m giving them one year to get their act together or my wife and I - despite both being Platinum - will be spending our money on Royal Caribbean.  I know this alone won’t have an impact on their bottom line, but I’ve spoken to hundreds of loyal Carnival cruisers who will be going down the same path!!!

Just want to say Royal is in no better shape. 

Stewards are servicing up to 20 cabins daily. Service in the MDR is the slowest I've even seen. Buffet selections seem to be of a much lower grade than pre-Covid plus a significant lack of variety, not to mention hours to access the Windjammer have been decreased.

Shows are frequently cancelled because the cast or entertainer is being quarantined. When shows do happen the lack of rehearsal time is very evident.

Activity options seem to be closed more hours than open and many are only accepting same day reservations for use or have increasingly long line to access. Loyalty perks have been cut back 3 times since restart, including no more priority boarding or disembarkation for Diamond levels, only Pinnacles and Star class suites.

Drink package base price has increased to $109/passenger/day (was $89/person/day in April) without increasing the allowed value of drinks included. Other opt-in add-ons have increased in prices or the usual and customary sales prices are not being offered in the Cruise Planner. 

17 hours ago, Tomg said:

I don't mind the higher costs, those were all up front with the fare.  The high risk of contracting COVID was not up front.

https://www.webmd.com/lung/news/20220505/carnival-cruise-passengers-covid-overwhelmed-ship

You initial post makes no mention of Covid, just complaints on pricing for services available.

As for the risk of Covid that is industry wide https://www.cruzely.com/cruise-ship-covid-status-tracker-daily-update-chart-news-and-possible-cases/ . It's very evident that any cruise line is susceptible to having an "outbreak" on board at a percent high enough to trigger a CDC reporting and none of the cruise lines with 3 or more ships have stayed in the "green" for an entire month on ships they have passengers on. (Some have stayed green on ships that are still being used for crew quarantine only.)

On 5/23/2022 at 2:53 PM, Unhappy cruisers said:

Maryred .  I'm aware of the voluntary color rating system and the Miracle was rated Orange which is a 3 out of 1000 rate of infection.  I was fine with those odds, but the article I attached showed the Carnival ship in Seattle had over 100 passengers quarantined, yet Carnival has no red coded ships.  In addition a four day cruise is not counted in the system.  In reality what are the odds of getting COVID on a particular cruise ship.  Carnival doesn't want you to know.

Just returned from Alaska. Besides the amazing beauty....Carnival is low staff, people got sick with "Norovirus" and couldn't leave cabin for days. Staff sick as well. We will be returning to Norwegian from here out. Wr left Carnival yrs ago...shouldn't have given them a 2nd chance! 

21 hours ago, Judy said:

Just returned from Alaska. Besides the amazing beauty....Carnival is low staff, people got sick with "Norovirus" and couldn't leave cabin for days. Staff sick as well. We will be returning to Norwegian from here out. Wr left Carnival yrs ago...shouldn't have given them a 2nd chance! 

I love Alaska cruise, breathtaking. Words escape me when I try to describe How amazing cruising to Alaska is. 😍 .  I think quite a number of passengers has noticed the staff shortage but they say Carnival has now progressed to solving the staff shortage.  It may take a few more weeks and months and they should be alright.  I am not set on giving up on Carnival just yet.  I found it here:  https://www.cruisehive.com/carnival-cruise-line-makes-progress-on-solving-crew-shortages/73233