Vista cruising speed

Hi @SFC M, thanks for posting! There has been chatter online about the Carnival Vista still being delayed for some ports and that the propulsion issue is still happening. However, Carnival has not publicly come out and said anything about it. Best to keep track on the situation and see what happens. Just hope they don't have to send the ship to dry dock for a fix. Seems to be a common thing with the Vista-class ships!

• Like 1

They've been having issues for a while. It arrived late due to that problem on Apr 30 when we were to get on. So we boarded later and it left Galveston later than usual. We did go to all the ports on the itinerary, but the time we spent at each of them were shortened. 

We really like the Vista, been on her many times including just recently. It's our favorite ship, love the Havana section. Perfectly sized and about as big as I would like to go, so I was disappointed that she is leaving Galveston. We have 3 more trips booked on her in the very near future so I hope they get it straightened out or cancel quickly so we can plan. I believe other Vista-class ships have suffered propulsion issues and, like the Vista herself, required dry dock.

On 5/17/2022 at 4:37 PM, SM Cruiser said:

Thank you, I hopethey keep her going unit I get on board with the granddaughters. Once we are on board she can go as slow as she wants. 🙂 

They will probably still have the cruise no matter what, its a matter of getting to go to all the ports

I personally would be fine if they skip Belize

Hello, we are scheduled to leave Galveston on Saturday May 28th. I've been hearing little about the Carnival Vista's propulsion issues and these are posts from last weeks cruise. Does anyone know if the itinerary for May 28th - June 4th will change or alter? I certainly would appreciate any feedback. Thanks

27 minutes ago, Dean said:

Hello, we are scheduled to leave Galveston on Saturday May 28th. I've been hearing little about the Carnival Vista's propulsion issues and these are posts from last weeks cruise. Does anyone know if the itinerary for May 28th - June 4th will change or alter? I certainly would appreciate any feedback. Thanks

They haven't fixed the propulsion issue. As of now the ports and the order of the ports are the same. I will see you on board. Im the Army guy on  deck 10. 

• Thanks 1

Hello 

I just returned from Carnival Vista. I went May 14-21. We were going very slow and saw black smoke out of one side of the fantail. Our itinerary was Jamaica,Grand Caymans,Cozumel. Second day in... we get a message that we will be skipping Grand Cayman because of engine problems. Of ALL places to cancel!!!!! Everyone was pissed !!! That’s the only place I love going to  ! I WILL NOT be going back on Vista ever again!!!!

• Thanks 1

Carnival is known for its Bargain pricing and be aware that this leads to finding ways to save on Maintenace, Staffing and safety.

MSC has learned from Carnival's business model, but their Ships are Newer and don't have as many issues (Yet) as Carnival.

Like most things in Life you get what you pay for (Less with Carnival) and seldom More than you pay for.

Spend a little more on a Mid level  cruise line  and get a better result.

• 2 weeks later...

Sailed May 28-June 4 2022, cruising speed was slow no higher then 20 knots. Ship was in good shape but the engine issue needs to be addressed sooner then later. The cruise was completely sold out to max capacity. The crew was great but definitely over whelmed by the amount of passengers. Some venues were closed due to the lack of crew. The slides were closed but the sky ride and ropes course were open during peak times. Good luck getting a lounge chair. Some deck parties were canceled due to weather or short staff. There were a lot of people reporting that they tested positive on the day that they returned or while on the cruise. Ports were good, be careful in Jamaica. Grand Cayman Turtle Farm was great, Cozumel Dolphin experience was excellent. All were through Carnival.