Unvaccinated Floridians

I applied for accommodation due to my medical exemption for unvaccinated status but was denied the ability to cruise. Our departure is suppose to be from Port Canaveral (Florida) where the governor has made it illegal to ask for any businesses to demand a vaccine passport. Has anyone that is unvaccinated tried to board RCCL from Port Canaveral and what happened?  Were you allowed to board?

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Perhaps you need to look into the details of the state law, such as what remedies you may have (aah, none), and also you may want to consider what authority the State of Florida has over a foreign flagged vessel that is subject to international and Federal rules and regulations, especially when the State regulations conflict with the other regulations.

I think you need more than good luck to try to force the issue.  I'd bet the cruise ship lawyers are completely confident that the State has no basis for collecting a $5000 fine for each 'violation'. Some day, vaccine status criteria will become a thing of the past.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...