Cruise Hive Boards

Cancelled cruise

My cruise from Vancouver to LA on 16th September was cancelled. It took 3 hours on hold when calling celebrity to be told the cruise is still going ahead but on the Soltice instead which

is fine, but my app says I’m on millennium going to Alaska, I don’t want to wait another 3 hours to see what is going on ?

• Confused 1

• 11 months later...

@Kim Markillie I hope your sailing in September from Vancouver was enjoyable. Vancouver is expecting a record-breaking year for cruises in 2023! The lovely area may even meet its expected goal of receiving one million guests that will set sail from its cruise port during its Alaska cruise season. This Alaska cruise season record will begin with Sapphire Princess embarking on April 12, 2023, with 330 different ships scheduled to follow afterward such as Disney Wonder and Brilliance of the Seas. Will you be cruising out of Vancouver again in 2023?

• 3 months later...

IT SEEMS CELBRITY CARES VERY LITTLE ABOUT THEIR CUSTOMERS. THEY CANCELLED OUR BUCKET LIST DREAM VACATION TRANSATLANTIC FROM ROME WITH ZERO CONCERN FOR THEIR WORTHLESS CUSTOMERS. TO NOT HONOR THE FAIR ON A SIMILAR SAILING IS HORRIBLE BUSINESS BUT TO ONLY OFFER $100 OBC AND THAT IS ONLY IF YOU RISK BOOKING WITH THEM AGAIN IS "BEYOND" INSULTING. I ALREADY HAVE ANOTHER CRUISE BOOKED ON THE ECLIPSE, I AM A CAPTAINS CLUB MEMBER, A CELEBRITY CREDIT CARD HOLDER AND AN RCL SHAREHOLDER, ALL BECAUSE I INTENDED TO BE A FREQUENT SAILOR WITH THEM. AFTER THIS MY OPINION HAS CHANGED DRAMATICALLY. NOT SURE I EVER WANT TO DO BUSINESS WITH SUCH A COLD HEARTED COMPANY AGAIN. HORRIBLE POSSIBLY IRREPPARABLE BUSINESS PRACTICE ON THEIR PART. MY FIANCE AND I WERE PLANNING TO GET MARRIED ON THE SHIP OR IN ROME. WHAT A WAY TO DESTROY A DREAM CELEBRITY!!! HORRIBLE HORRIBLE HORRIBLE. ABSOLUTETLY SICK OVER THIS.

• Sad 1

• 3 weeks later...

@George ulasevich What a shame! As a Captain Club member, you certainly deserve better customer service. How much time did the cruise line give you to rebook with another line? The OBC is something, but I don't think you plan to utilize it after this negative experience. I'm hopeful that you can find a backup cruise that will get you another cruise out of Rome, sailing to other scenic destinations! Have you looked into cruises with MSC Cruises? You can find several itineraries to Rome via Civitavecchia. 

https://www.msccruises.com/en-gl/Cruise-Destinations/Mediterranean/Italy/Civitavecchia.aspx

On 7/2/2023 at 9:20 PM, George ulasevich said:

IT SEEMS CELBRITY CARES VERY LITTLE ABOUT THEIR CUSTOMERS. THEY CANCELLED OUR BUCKET LIST DREAM VACATION TRANSATLANTIC FROM ROME WITH ZERO CONCERN FOR THEIR WORTHLESS CUSTOMERS. TO NOT HONOR THE FAIR ON A SIMILAR SAILING IS HORRIBLE BUSINESS BUT TO ONLY OFFER $100 OBC AND THAT IS ONLY IF YOU RISK BOOKING WITH THEM AGAIN IS "BEYOND" INSULTING. I ALREADY HAVE ANOTHER CRUISE BOOKED ON THE ECLIPSE, I AM A CAPTAINS CLUB MEMBER, A CELEBRITY CREDIT CARD HOLDER AND AN RCL SHAREHOLDER, ALL BECAUSE I INTENDED TO BE A FREQUENT SAILOR WITH THEM. AFTER THIS MY OPINION HAS CHANGED DRAMATICALLY. NOT SURE I EVER WANT TO DO BUSINESS WITH SUCH A COLD HEARTED COMPANY AGAIN. HORRIBLE POSSIBLY IRREPPARABLE BUSINESS PRACTICE ON THEIR PART. MY FIANCE AND I WERE PLANNING TO GET MARRIED ON THE SHIP OR IN ROME. WHAT A WAY TO DESTROY A DREAM CELEBRITY!!! HORRIBLE HORRIBLE HORRIBLE. ABSOLUTETLY SICK OVER THIS.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but most large corporations are cold hearted. Deal with one long enough and you will be disappointed eventually. As long as you keep this in mind and learn to roll with the punches, your life will be more manageable. 

• Thanks 1

There is less and less of customer care going on at the moment. These companies only care about making as much money as they can despite the difficulties that are going on in the world. Life is hard and people deserve a bit of respite and relaxation to try and get a bit of enjoyment, and these companies don't seem to care about that.

@FJB I really agree with this statement. Most cruise lines are not able to be in tune with everyone's emotions and feelings; in fact sometimes they come off as cold-hearted. I wish it wasn't so, but an intimate experience can really only be found with an intimate cruise line or specialty cruise experience. If you are willing to pay for the top-notch staterooms and experiences, then you will receive top notch care.

• Like 1

Disgusted by what Celebrity did with the Beyond schedule changes. We had two back to back cruises planned, the transatlantic and the Med cruise which we scheduled in January when there were lots of cruise options.  I can understand  that there was a change made for business reasons but to not provide similar replacement options is totally unacceptable. For us we were offered two back to back cruises which were five days fewer and $2500 more with fewer port stops.  The $100 onboard credit is insulting. When I talked to them all they would say is “you can book and prevailing rates”. I get they are a company and can be cold hearted but I for one will never book with RCL again. We recently retired and have been on 3 cruises over the last year.   We’ll take are business elsewhere. We’re currently booking a cruise with Princess and will see how we like them.

Hey gang, survival is tricky business.  7 day Alaska cruises are currently going off under $300 while Caribbean cruises are over $1000. I lost an aft facing Sunset Sky suite on the Beyond  crossing next Spring. As an RCL stockholder,  I understand their decision however,  it's their lack of anticipation I find disturbing. As cruise ships become the destination,  where they sail becomes less relevant. Every plane is full, every hotel is full, every restaurant is full so cruising from a drivable port is the way to go.

There are ways around then I guess. I was quite surprised to get a cruise to the Norwegian Fjords at a better deal than a trip to the Mediterranean. Because we now aren't going by plane to the destination, what we once had a simple room, we now have a beautiful room with a balcony going to a better destination.

• 2 weeks later...

It goes to show you if you shop around enough and willing to go to other destinations, you can get better deals. Yes the plane transfer helps keep the price lower, and I admit the Mediterranean is such a stunning backdrop, but I think the Norwegian Fjords does overall sneak it. Enjoy.

• Like 1

On 7/3/2023 at 2:20 AM, George ulasevich said:

Any plans to shift to another cruise line? Sounds like you need to avoid Celebrity Cruises fully moving forward.