Itinerary change for the Boston to Bermuda cruise this week - Unbelievable!

The Boston to Bermuda cruise through the month of April was supposed to spend three nights in Bermuda and head strait back Boston.  After that, the ship would spend 2 nights in Bermuda and proceed  to Bar Harbor, Maine and then return to Boston. I wanted to take the 4/22 cruise specifically to avoid going to Bar Harbor. I live in MA and can drive to Bar Harbor if I want.. I want to be in Bermuda for 3 nights. 

The cruise leaving Boston today had an itinerary change to leave Bermuda early and go to Bar Harbor and then back to Boston.  What a bunch of BS!  Why can't NCL get their act together and provide customers with what they paid for and expect!  It is costing an average of $120.00 extra just to apply for the Bermuda Travel Authorization  needed to get on the ship.  

NCL does not devulge why the change is taking place, only that is is.  I experienced this on a Florida/Bahamas cruise I took in March.  What a disaster.

I hope this change was for this cruise only.

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well NCL has rescheduled all of the Boston to Bermuda cruises to visit Bar Harbor this month.  I do not know what they are thinking either as it is still cold there         ( hovers around 40 degrees), not much is open until Memorial Day Week-end,  and it is a tendering port.   Nuts!

I am very disappointed about this and many other changes NCL has made recently. To not give customers an answer as to why this change is happening is appalling. 
This is our first cruise ever. We booked this cruise as a vacation to enjoy after Covid has been so very stressful on my significant other as a respiratory therapist she has been overwhelmed and needed this relaxing break with warm weather planned to relax on the beautiful warm beaches. Also my 18 year old son is joining us who will be leaving to go protect our country as a Marine in a few short months. So yes I am very pissed to say the least. Think of it like this MR. President of NCL how would you feel if you hired me to build your house and in return I handed you a cardboard box?

I was NEVER notified of this change. I have checked and rechecked all emails from NCL. I did not find out about the change until I was onboard from other passengers. This was my first cruise and was a disaster from the start with the delayed boarding. NCL could of offered water and snacks while waiting endlessly in lines for hours. I paid to go to spend my time in warm weather in Bermuda, NOT in cold weather in Bar Harbor, and a spot not much was opened. I had to pay extra for the Covid test and upload to Bermuda for the authorship, and then to have my time in Bermuda cut short, with no notification was not acceptable. If I wanted Bar Harbor as one of my stops, I would of chosen a cruise that offered it. I was not prepared for cold weather, and ended up buying gloves on one of the open shops. But in all fairness I paid to spend my time in Bermuda and did not get what I paid for. 

I was very disappointed the 3 day Bermuda cruise was cut short to two days in Bermuda and one day in Bar Harbor Maine. I'm from Maine. I picked this cruise specifically because it was not going to Maine. I wanted to go to a warm area. Not back to Maine when it was in the 40s. I feel we were all intentionally deceived without an explanation as to why. I did not receive any notification in my email that there was going to be a change. Didn't find out until I heard it from other passengers. Not the best way to start the cruise season.

Yes - what a rip!.  Most of the people on the Boston to Bermuda cruise are from New England and have had enough of winter!  This cruise had been up on the NCL website for months for the month of April.  We were looking at the end of the month just so we could spend 3 nights in Bermuda and not leave and go to Bar Harbor where it is colder than where I live in MA.  I can drive to Bar Harbor if I want - I cannot drive to Bermuda.  When we went to Florida/Bahamas in March, our itinerary changed constantly and we were not notified until it happened - not prior.  We were especially dumbfounded because we only stayed in Nassau for 6 hours and bolted out of there to get to Norfolk, VA - which we had to bypass because of weather and go strait to NY.  On previous cruises, we stayed in Nassau from 8am - 6pm.  If I go out of Boston this year - it wont be until July or August when it is hot n Maine.  Unbelievable!

I NEVER received notification about going to Bar Harbor Maine and losing a full day in Bermuda.  My elderly mother and I saw snowflakes from our balcony!!  We looked forward to this trip as maybe our last cruise because of my mom's age and were not prepared with winter cloths.  The temps were in the upper 30's when we got to Bar Harbor.  This was all because of some press that Norwegian wanted and Bar Harbor wanted.

Two walking tours available and passengers said the tour guides kept apologizing and saying they didn't understand why we sailed there and that they were still closed for the season.  Norwegian did not email anyone.  So may passengers had no idea until about the third day when rumors started spreading on ship.  

One last thing... 4 hour embarkment standing in line.  I saw one elderly women almost drop to the ground while she cried.  Norwegian knew the night before that the ship would be hours late because of a storm and didn't notify anyone.  They made us wait in line 4 hours.  People were crying.  No drinks, no chairs, no assistance offered.  This was cruel at the least and I hope karma visit's Norwegian and the company goes under.  Bottom line....... Norwegian doesn't care about you.

article found online.  Pearl cruise April 8-15, 2022

Cruising Returns to Bar Harbor

Although not precisely planned, the first visit by a cruise ship in more than two years marks a huge turning point for Bar Harbor. Norwegian Cruise Line’s Norwegian Pearl visited the popular seaside town, famous for its lobster industry, on April 14. 

Norwegian Cruise Line canceled the scheduled third day in Bermuda on Norwegian Pearl’s second cruise in two years and opted to visit Maine before returning to Boston, Massachusetts. Nonetheless, the visit has been celebrated by local retailers, said a release by the cruise industry representing organization, CLIA: 

Two older women told us they asked to get off in Maine becasue they lived there and Norwegian told them if they did they would be charged $800.00 each.  I did see one family of 4 take their luggage and leave the ship in Maine.