Carnival Sunshine

Hi @Jesika, welcome to the new boards. To be honest, everyone has a different experience and outlook. There are good reviews too, so I wouldn't worry too much. The crew are always great on Carnival ships, and as it will be your first cruises, just have fun. When is your cruise and what's the itinerary?

I was on this ship in 2018 for an 8 day cruise. It's not the biggest ship, but it's jammed full of stuff. The specialty restaurants are all great, the Havana bar is a really nice area, and Ocean Plaza is a great space in the evening for live music. It has the best Serenity deck of all Carnival ships. If you love chilling in a pool, it may be disappointing. The ship only has 2 pools, and neither are very large. Also the comedy club has a poor setup and not a ton of seating. Other than those issues, though, it's a great ship. Don't worry about negative reviews. Most people won't write about a good time, but are more than willing to tell anyone that will listen about a bad time. It skews reviews for anything and everything. You'll have a great time!

When my husband and I got married 16.5 years ago, we booked on the carnival destiny, aka now the sunshine.  This is a medium ship compared to others.  It's a good ship, there's lots to do on a ship.  Best investment for a honeymoon, make sure you get a balcony on the Port side.  Do your own research, do not always liste to negative reviews.  Enjoy, my husband and I have taken alot of cruise and we have 3 waiting the vaccine issues.  Enjoy

On 4/5/2022 at 7:42 PM, JAPBird143 said:

When my husband and I got married 16.5 years ago, we booked on the carnival destiny, aka now the sunshine.  This is a medium ship compared to others.  It's a good ship, there's lots to do on a ship.  Best investment for a honeymoon, make sure you get a balcony on the Port side.  Do your own research, do not always liste to negative reviews.  Enjoy, my husband and I have taken alot of cruise and we have 3 waiting the vaccine issues.  Enjoy

Just curious, why do you recommend the port side?