Refund for cancellation

Has anyone tried to get a refund for future cruise certificates? My party is unvaccinated and I was told that the certificates have to be redeemed by May 31, 2022 for a sailing by December 31, 2022. The representative told me the only way to get the refund since we are unvaccinated was to book a new cruise using the 6 $100 certificates to pay the deposit then wait a few days and then cancel the cruise. We would be refunded the money back to the original form of payment. Has anyone heard of this? Does this sound legit? Are there other ways to get this refund? Thanks for any help!!

Jon, That is dead wrong! We just got our refund for the second cruise we had booked with Royal in the last 3 months and after spending multiple hours on the phone with their offshore customer service script readers, we did get all of our money and future cruise credits refunded in full. Patience my friend, and tenacity! Don't be afraid to ask for a supervisor or even their RESOLUTIONS Department. 

• Like 1