Tired of the Run around. Intiated dispute.

I was sailing on the Explorer leaving from San Juan. Because of the change in protocols, and we were leaving a few days early, I would have had to take a combined 3 test to even get on the ship.

I initially reached out to Royal Caribbean, and was informed person A cancels and sends info to person B to process the credits. 

I screenshot some examples of others stating how Royal Caribbean gave them the run around about credits, timing, and processing. I also informed them of the covid protocols changing, AFTER we booked(that 1 is important for credit card issuers also).. We did the $500 nrd on 1 card and paid $300 separately on another card(didn't pay in full decided to pay over time).. I disputed 1 card and received a refund from Royal Caribbean, not my credit card company , so Im hoping this is a step in the right direction. 

I feel if more ppl go ahead and dispute, maybe they will process credits faster, and/or just offer refunds and fee-less rebookings(they tried charging me $100 to move my cruise from Feb to April, disgusting).. 

Love cruising but I will not be hoodwinked out of my money!!

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont know if its because she was connected to our reservation(booked and paid separately), my mother recieved a refund also from RCL, we had not initiated a cancelation for her reservation, which we found odd, but she is happy to get some of her money back. They gave her half, including the beverage package she paid for. We will wait until Monday to see if the rest will be reversed.

Hopefully again this is a step in the right direction for RCL and there customers. 

On 1/26/2022 at 10:44 AM, Ready2cruise said:

I was sailing on the Explorer leaving from San Juan. Because of the change in protocols, and we were leaving a few days early, I would have had to take a combined 3 test to even get on the ship.

I initially reached out to Royal Caribbean, and was informed person A cancels and sends info to person B to process the credits. 

I screenshot some examples of others stating how Royal Caribbean gave them the run around about credits, timing, and processing. I also informed them of the covid protocols changing, AFTER we booked(that 1 is important for credit card issuers also).. We did the $500 nrd on 1 card and paid $300 separately on another card(didn't pay in full decided to pay over time).. I disputed 1 card and received a refund from Royal Caribbean, not my credit card company , so Im hoping this is a step in the right direction. 

I feel if more ppl go ahead and dispute, maybe they will process credits faster, and/or just offer refunds and fee-less rebookings(they tried charging me $100 to move my cruise from Feb to April, disgusting).. 

Love cruising but I will not be hoodwinked out of my money!!

What i do know is that you did your homework and protected your interests (monetary and otherwise). Stay strong to GET YOUR END DESIRE.  BTW, ya think the cruise lines finance rules leave you on the short end of the stick? I try to book past due date (cheapest cost) w/ cabin selection. Most travel insurance will cover the need to cancel. Good Luck.