NCL Epic Itinerary Change

FYI, if anyone is sailing on NCL Epic on Jan 21, 2024 I just received a notification of an itinerary change.  Instead of visiting Harvest Cay, Belize on Jan 25, we are now visiting Belize City.  This change is due to port congestion in Harvest Cay on Jan 25.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@Maria Thanks so much for this NCL Epic update! Are you content with the itinerary change or are you a bit bummed to skip Harvest Cay? I have only been to Belize City so I wouldn't know what I'm missing. 

I did see this NCL news as well. Have you ever cruised to the Isle of Man before? I would love to visit there!  https://www.cruisehive.com/norwegian-cruise-ship-forced-to-leave-port-early/113492

• 3 weeks later...

@Maria I'm glad you are content with the itinerary change. Some itinerary changes aren't always an equal swap, but then again, I'm not sure there could be a perfect itinerary change. I like your positive attitude. The waters in Belize are lovely, and I hope you get to spend some time in the ocean! 

I'm right there with you. Europe is a dream destination for me. The longer I'm on the boards, the more I learn about new beautiful ports of calls I yearn to explore! What would be your dream cruise itinerary? Right now, I'm hopeful I can get to cruise to Greece by 2030. That's the dream anyway! 

On 11/7/2023 at 10:09 PM, 3Sisters said:

@Maria I'm glad you are content with the itinerary change. Some itinerary changes aren't always an equal swap, but then again, I'm not sure there could be a perfect itinerary change. I like your positive attitude. The waters in Belize are lovely, and I hope you get to spend some time in the ocean! 

I'm right there with you. Europe is a dream destination for me. The longer I'm on the boards, the more I learn about new beautiful ports of calls I yearn to explore! What would be your dream cruise itinerary? Right now, I'm hopeful I can get to cruise to Greece by 2030. That's the dream anyway! 

I am dreaming of some day going on an Alaska cruise and Hawaii cruise.  Greece, Spain and Italy are also a dream of mine.

• Thanks 1

@Maria You and I both have similar cruise interests! I wish I had the opportunity to take these sorts of cruises now, but the timing and cost just don't add up for me right now. Which itinerary would be the most feasible in the coming years? I would prefer to cruise these regions rather than fly. There is something so convenient about having the same place to sleep every night aka on the ship) and not having to shuffle through public transit to see many locations in a week or two. 

I would likely make it to Alaska sooner than Hawaii based on cruise costs. 

On 10/18/2023 at 11:17 PM, Maria said:

FYI, if anyone is sailing on NCL Epic on Jan 21, 2024 I just received a notification of an itinerary change.  Instead of visiting Harvest Cay, Belize on Jan 25, we are now visiting Belize City.  This change is due to port congestion in Harvest Cay on Jan 25.

@Maria Have you got the communication they sent you?

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/10/2023 at 4:07 PM, 3Sisters said:

@Maria You and I both have similar cruise interests! I wish I had the opportunity to take these sorts of cruises now, but the timing and cost just don't add up for me right now. Which itinerary would be the most feasible in the coming years? I would prefer to cruise these regions rather than fly. There is something so convenient about having the same place to sleep every night aka on the ship) and not having to shuffle through public transit to see many locations in a week or two. 

I would likely make it to Alaska sooner than Hawaii based on cruise costs. 

Yeah, I would likely to go to Alaska next but I will see depending on cost.

• Like 1

@Maria I have enjoyed Belize in the past, but I much prefer Costa Maya! I'm not sure if you feel the same way, but this sounds like an even better itinerary. Have you cruised to Costa Maya before? The city is so diverse, and the excursion opportunities are usually more vast than those that stop in Belize. Has NCL updated the Costa Maya excursion list for this itinerary already? Hopefully, this is the final itinerary change considering how near your embarkation date is.

I don't mind going to Costa Maya actually.  I was there in April 2019 on an NCL Getaway cruise and I loved it.  I did a beach day excursion. They should update the excursion list in a couple of weeks.  This is the second itinerary change so hopefully this is it.  I'm excited about visiting Great Stirrup Cay, Bahamas so fingers crossed they don't cancel that port of call.

• Thanks 1

@Maria I have heard wonderful things about NCL Getaway. A beach excursion is perfect for Costa Maya but if you are feeling adventurous I would try something a bit different this time around. If you look directly on NCL's website you will be able to see some potential options. Exploring the Mayan ruins could be loads of fun or even swimming with the dolphins. I have seen the Maya Adventure Park as well, it's definitely for the adventure seeker but it looks like a blast. River tubing for the seven-color lagoon would be so lovely too! Great Stirrup Cay, Bahamas is another great stop. With all of the changes that have already been made, I would imagine NCL is done. I don't think guests are going to have a great perception of the line if it continues to be so unpredictable. I would imagine you are feeling that same way already! 

Well, it is what it is.  All cruise lines make changes at some point.  Some more than others.  I'll check the website for excursion options and if nothing stands out, I'll get off the ship and walk around, buy souvenirs and go back and laze on the pool deck.  I have no issue doing that.

@RICK9772 You may be on the same itinerary.

@Maria You are pretty relaxed about the multiple cruise changes. I love your chill perspective; I need to try to be more like that. I can tell this isn't your first rodeo. How many cruises have you been on? I do have to agree that lounging by the pool while everyone is off of the ship is the absolute best. I love it when the pools aren't overly crowded. I try to avoid the crowds when possible, the bars are all open and available on port days too. You don't have to wait in line to get your margarita! 

The only real issue here is the NCL is not following through with its advertised itineraries, as mentioned above. It does lean towards false advertisement considering how often these changes are occurring. 

@3Sisters this will be my 3rd cruise, the 2nd with NCL.  My first cruise was on MSC Seaside.  This is the first time there have been itinerary changes.  It is true what you say about the false advertising by not following through with the original itinerary and having so many changes.  I'm surprised that the cruise line doesn't offer the option to cancel or switch to a different cruise.  I guess cruises are different than an all inclusive vacation.

@RICK9772 are you sailing on NCL Epic too on Jan 21?

• Thanks 1

@Maria I have been on MSC Seaside too! How did the MSC Seaside compare to your first NCL cruise? I have yet to cruise with NCL, and it's basically because of the recent reviews I have been seeing. Your post is just another example of the inconsistency NCL has been displaying to its guests. I typically cruise with MSC Cruises, and the line always gives great options for its guests. I think the option to cancel or change itineraries would have been given if you booked with MSC Cruises. It's hard for me to consider cruising with NCL when circumstances like yours seem to happen more often than not. Also, I do believe Rick is booked on that same itinerary.