Cruise Hive Boards

Cruising Australia

@LukeJ A Caribbean Christmas certainly has its perks. I have had both warm and cold Christmases, and they both have their advantages. To be honest, I enjoy both experiences for different reasons. The snow is just majestic, truly a Christmas wonder, but if I had to choose it would likely be a Florida Christmas. I love going outside and walking to the park with my kids' new toys to play. Feeling trapped inside due to the weather can get annoying pretty fast. I make the most of it but not freezing your "fingers" off is really the best.

• 1 month later...

In the UK, even though Christmas is a magical time, everyone is excited and look forward to spending time off. The weather is appalling. It constantly rains, the wind and the frost is beyond a joke. So to spend Christmas in a warm environment where everything doesn't hurt would be very welcome.

@LukeJ The wet and cold weather is the worst. It gets deep in your bones! I'm in a dry cold right now, and I have to use a large humidifier in my home to get by this time of year.  My skin, eyes, and throat become so parched; it's brutal. Frost is the worst to get out of your car. I do not like ice chipping, but I do like the idea of a Caribbean Christmas; being in tropical paradise sounds lovely when you are trapped inside a snow globe. I will be back in tropical paradise next month. I'm counting down the days! 

@LukeJ I want to do something about it! I particularly want to move back to a tropical paradise, away from the cold atmosphere. You are right about taking action though. If it's something I want, I have to make plans to make it happen on my own. Sometimes I feel at a loss when I feel bound to my husband's work location! We have to be where the money is, but hopefully, we can change that in the coming years. For now, tropical cruising is my escape! It doesn't get better than a week's cruise in a tropical paradise. I soak it all in!

• 4 weeks later...

I guess what keeps us where we are is that safety net of not wanting to jump into the unknown. In the UK, we have loooooong winters, my God it's never ending, so we would be in paradise for a good 5 months.