Cruise Hive Boards

Room service new fees started

A cruise ship made of bamboo sounds a bit far fetched. I'm all about those man made elements when it comes to the boat I'm going to cruise on. I would consider getting on a smaller boat made out of bamboo. I'm pretty sure those smaller bamboo ships are sold today. I have seen some smaller models available for purchase. Have you ever bamboo swaying in the wind? It makes the more unique but soothing sound in the breeze. I just browsed a bamboo chandelier, and it was so aesthetically pleasing! I love the beauty of bamboo items.

One person’s love is another’s hate, bamboo being my hate.  It is very invasive!  I have a farm I work that has bamboo on it that I am constantly fighting to keep out of the fields - it’s a losing battle without a bulldozer.  

• Thanks 1

@PaulB that's an interesting point you make, and even though I can't see it going as far as building a cruise ship out of bamboo, there are small boats made out of it. I believe it's a tradition if you go to places like Vietnam, and local fisherman do use bamboo boats to go out for their catch. I think a friend told me, you can book a boat and go out on it too.

• Like 1

@FJB As invasive as it can be to your farmland, it could also pose as a potential benefit for you! Clearly it's a popular commodity, what if you chose to harvest and sell bamboo? Would that be lucrative? Since it seems to multiply quickly on your fields, maybe bamboo could end up making you some extra cash flow in the coming years! I'm picturing it now "FJB: The Bamboo Supplier." Bulldozers are serious business! Do you own one or do you have to rent one? They certainly aren't cheap pieces of machinery. 

• 4 weeks later...

I like room service for a few days on my voyage Holland America offers free room service . I won't pay extra so I won't order it on Celebrity I will order a coffee and Danish to eat on my balcony while Iwait for my husband to wake up I'm early he's late so that a nice touch for free. 

• Thanks 1

@Rainy I love when cruise lines offer this perk for guests. Although I usually don't utilize the perk often, it's just really nice to know it's available if you want/need it. Do you ever order lunch or dinner to your stateroom? I'm more likely to order a pastry or fresh fruit to arrive in the morning over a full afternoon meal. You sound like a kind spouse. I turn on the light and let my partner know I'm going to eat regardless if he wants to join me or not. I'm definitely not the type to wait for his wakeup time. When my belly is rumbling, time is of the essence!