Cruise Hive Boards

Zenith Member Perk Comeback

Celebrity Cruises is bringing back an awesome loyalty perk for Zenith guests, and it's really exciting! Zenith guests will have access to the Retreat Lounge or the Michael's Club onboard. These relaxing spaces onboard are so immaculate and it makes me want to earn some loyalty points! For all Zenith guests, have you been to these spaces onboard? Are they really as good as they sound?

image.thumb.png.7accdb4eb051ad826fbd220f8ae577a6.png

@LukeJ I see what you are saying but if you spend enough time cruising with the line, you definitely deserve some loyalty points. The points you earn incentivize you to only book with that one cruise line. I have so much incentive to book with MSC Cruises right now because I'm so close to the top tier. I'm intentionally investing in bookings with the line just to reach that status. If I book with another line like Celebrity Cruises, I will be missing out on some serious points.

@Loyal Cruiser That's true, you have to spend money to earn points, but if you spend enough money you will make it high up with any loyalty program! If the loyalty perks are good enough, like this perk with Celebrity Cruises, you will be willing to spend with the line to earn your way.

This billion dollar industry was not built on $500 inside cabins. Even at that, it's easy to reach "Elite" and "Elite Plus" status with Celebrity. If you fly to the port, your flight and 1 nights lodging are likely more expensive than your cruise. It's unlikely we'll ever reach Zenith status, but I doubt I'd enjoy Michael's more than the Sunset bar on any Celebrity ship.

• Like 1

@Seaawgs That's very true. Thanks for sharing that feedback. I happen to think if you are an avid cruiser and you become a loyal guest to the line, it's not very challenging to start moving up the ranks. The lodging, food, flight, and transportation can easily cost more than the cruise! I prefer to cruise from nearby ports to cut down on those "extra" costs. I am getting sort of burnt out from the Caribbean though. My cruise budget is going to need to increase so I can travel to some newer areas. I'm ready to expand my horizons. How often do you cruise with Celebrity Cruises

@3Sisters we typically spend around 30 days a year on Celebrity, however,  this year will be twice that. We too developed "Caribbean fatigue ".Balancing that against a desire to cruise and keep costs down has been challenging.  Transatlantic or Repositioning cruises are usually a good choice for volume vs. price. Add the next cruise for a back-to-back and you have a nice adventure. Status with Celebrity will save you quite a bit of $$ once on board. 

• Like 1

@Seaawgs That's a significant amount of time! At least I'm not the only one; the same ports over and over get dull pretty quickly. My desire to cruise is definitely high! I agree, I have been looking into Transatlantic sailings for the purpose of just saving on international flights! A back-to-back may be a bit too long with the amount of time we have, but hopefully down the road, as schedules regulate, this will become more attainable! 

I attached a file that shows some of what Zenith guests receive! Celebrity Perks.pdf

You do have to cruise with Celebrity Cruises for a while to reach this status. I would say the majority of cruisers are not earning this status. It does help to find a line you love and stick with it. The perks that come alongside keeping loyal to a cruise line can be almost limitless. The Zenith perks display that loyalty does pay off.

image.thumb.png.cd1be976bd85c3d43cf542924bd6ede4.png

• 3 weeks later...

@Seaawgs Yet another Celebrity Cruises loyalty per has been added! https://www.cruisehive.com/celebrity-cruises-adds-new-loyalty-perk-for-top-tier-guests/114201

@Loyal Cruiser This new perk may be worth the extra money spent to earn your loyalty status, especially if you enjoy cruising with Celebrity Cruises. A new cocktail hour does sound pretty nice! 

image.thumb.png.398ec789ad39cd2f8f9b067c26cba815.png

• 3 weeks later...

@Seaawgs Thanks for sharing that info with me. I didn't realize this was a nightly event in the past! As a loyalty member, that change must have been upsetting. How long has the nightly cocktail hour perk been gone? It really does sound like the "club" out of Captains Club. Even though this perk has changed, it still seems you are a very loyal Celebrity Cruises guest. 

@3Sisters The perk never really disappeared but went through several modifications. Currently,  higher loyalty members enjoy free basic drinks (cheap wine, rail liquor etc.) from 5 to 7 each evening at several of the bars around the ship. The only complaint, among many, was the comfortable setting for like minded loyal cruisers to socialize and form friendships.  We routinely plan cruises with couples we met at Captain’s Club get togethers years ago. Long time cruisers lament the erosion of old cruise standards. 

• Thanks 1

@Seaawgs Although this perk has shifted around several times, Celebrity Cruises loyalty perks seem so much better than MSC Cruises. I'm almost to the top loyalty status with MSC Cruises and the benefits of having loyalty with this line don't even compare to what you are describing to me. How many Celebrity cruises do you have to take to become an Elite member? This perk alone is making me reconsider my loyalty to the line. I used to get drink tickets back in the day but now those are no longer. As someone who has cruised for a while, I can totally relate to the erosion of old cruise standards. Things have just changed! I don't feel the same class and luxury as in decades past. 

@3Sisters inside and ocean view 2 pts per day, balcony 3 pts,  concierge and aqua spa 5 pts, suites 8 pts. 300 pts gets you to Elite where you may notice a difference. (90 minutes of premium internet , bag of laundry, cocktail 5-7)  750 pts Elite Plus (240 minutes of premium internet,  2 bags of laundry, plus all the Elite benefits) There's more but those are the highlights. We're Elite Plus but the next level,  Zenith, is 3000 pts. There are few children on Celebrity cruises.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

@Seaawgs Thanks for breaking it down for me! Elite status takes many more cruises than I thought. I think if I become loyal to the line, Elite would be attainable but everything else would take ten-plus years to achieve. The perks are pretty great, so it's worth considering. Does the line offer double-point options at certain times of the year? That could help get to the Elite status faster. If I'm making the switch, I would want at least that status level to be attainable for my family. Otherwise, it's not worth the loyalty. One of the only reasons I'm almost to the top loyalty levels with MSC Cruises is because of double-point booking incentives.