Cruise Hive Boards

David

David Chavez

We set the code to our house alarm to the date of our anniversary, and when I came home rather merry from a social event one evening, I got the code wrong and panicked. My wife was away, and I had to phone her to ask what the code was. She wasn't impressed.

• Haha 1

@LukeJ & @FJB I love reading this from a husband's perspective!  It sounds more common than I expected. Let's just say he got his money's worth from that beverage package. They aren't always that affordable so have to enjoy them while it lasts. 

The garage thing happened to me and my husband once actually! We went to my husband's holiday party and came back in the snow. We tried the garage code per usual, and it was so cold, it was frozen to the point of being inoperable. We had to ring the doorbell because those watching our children were asleep. Thankfully, it didn't wake the kids, but I was out in the snow in a dress and heels for a good 15 minutes before we finally entered. I greatly appreciated our heated home that evening.

• Haha 1

@LukeJ This conversation is so funny. Unlimited food and drinks can be a dangerous situation without using self-control. I usually don't go too crazy onboard, but there are really no limits to the fun! Thankfully the drinking ages are usually 21 on most U.S.-based cruises. The younger guests oftentimes get the most excited with the all-you-can-drink and tend to get a bit overzealous. image.thumb.png.be8d8c69e3a36887cea71297e92e7983.png

@LukeJ What a special dynamic one can have with their in-laws! After having a good relationship with my in-laws for quite some time, I can say it's not easy to cultivate! I have cruised with my in-laws before, and it actually went really well. I guess I have some good ones if I have nothing but good to say about them! It was their first cruise, and I think they are ready for their second. 

@LukeJ I love cruising with my in-laws for their babysitting services! The children's club can be fun, but there is nothing like an extra set of hands at the beach or at dinner. It's a blessing you and your in-laws hit it off. It's not always the case. 

What is your ideal way to cruise? Do you prefer just cruising as a couple or with others? Cruising with others certainly changes the dynamic of the experience. I prefer to cruise on a more fun-filled modernized ship when cruising with others, but when I cruise with just my immediate family I prefer to cruise for the destinations and do more off-ship exploring.

@LukeJ Life is all about balance, right? I agree with you; I enjoy a mixture of cruising experiences. I have yet to take a solo cruise, but I think I would love that too. It's a reward to just do whatever I want whenever I want. Have you taken a solo cruise before? The main downside to solo cruising is the price! Usually, you have to pay double to cruise as a single passenger.

No I haven't had a solo cruise. You are right, the price is a little off putting to go on your own. I don't think it would put me off going on my own though other than the cost. But it all depends on what you want out of your vacation onboard really.

• Like 1

Well he did well, after a night of drinking on vacation, I tend to forget where my room is in the hotel and make a nuisance of myself trying to get into the wrong room or sometimes the wrong hotel, so at least it was only  the safe he messed up. 

@LukeJ That's right! It all comes down to personal preference. Usually, I crave cruising with others, but a few hours in the spa on my own or a portside day alone does sound pretty nice. When I'm alone, I usually end up striking up conversations with people around me. I guess I'm a social butterfly! 

PaulB, the only way he made it back to the room was with my guidance! Needless to say, after the cruise he took a two-month cleanse. I'm sure he needed it after that unlimited drink package. I couldn't possibly keep up.