Cruise Hive Boards

Celebrity Ascent Enhanced Dining

Celebrity Cruises new ship, Celebrity Ascent, will be providing guests with new culinary options onboard. Celebrity Ascent is set to begin cruising on November 2023, now with some awesome new beverage and dining experiences! The new seven-course plant-based menu sounds delicious. I'm intrigued to try it and I don't even eat a plant-based diet. Is anyone booked on Celebrity Ascent yet? 

@Seaawgs That's so exciting! Have you cruised with any other fleet members or Edge Series ships? A country boy menu sounds delicious too! I think Celebrity Cruises should consider that actually. I believe others would enjoy this style too. Biscuits and gravy would be a great addition! I looked into this maiden voyage itinerary and all interior and ocean-view staterooms are already sold out. I anticipate you will be cruising on a very full ship. Out of all the stops on this itinerary, my favorite is St. Thomas. The beaches are the best! Have you visited there before? 

@3Sisters the French chef will have the day off on Biscuits and Gravy night. Throw in a Creole night as well.. We have not been on an Edge Class ship yeships have 3 back-to-back coming up on the Beyond in October. Though we have worn the Caribbean out, the Maiden Voyage sounded cool. St. Thomas is one of our favorites as well.

• Haha 1

@Seaawgs That's right! Biscuits and gravy night wouldn't be a French chef's favorite night, but I do think it would be a guest favorite! A Crreole night would be so fabulous, I actually see more Creole fusions onboard than country options. Wow, you have a triple threat coming up! It sounds like you may be cruising most of the month! I bet you will be coming back from this series of itineraries nice and tan. Will all of those itineraries be the exact same each go? The maiden voyage is more than cool, you get to experience the clean and pristine beauty of the ship! Maybe Celebrity Beyond will have some special festivities during this maiden voyage for guests!

Your body needs meat. Regardless of what people may say or believe. I spent a long time working as a chef, and despite the obvious reasons of deliciousness of the dishes, meat and poultry are amazing for you as it contains protein which is good for growth. It also has nutrition goodness in it too your body needs, iron, zinc, iodine and loads of vitamins. 

• Like 1

I tend to agree. Meat is best. I read about the benefits and I read about how meat is bad for you and the environment, however I still prefer this to the plant based diet some people now adopt. I have tried plant based dishes, and some have been beautiful, however I don't think I could have an entirely based diet of this indefinitely.

• 2 weeks later...

@FJB I'm also a meat eater and enjoy high-protein meals. I would be open to trying a plant-based meal if the flavors piqued my interest but I naturally gravitate to animal-based proteins. With animal protein costs on the rise, legumes can be a great source of more affordable proteins! 

@LukeJ I completely agree with you. I try to incorporate more plant proteins in my diet but nothing compares to a good steak! Now with the lab-grown, highly processed meats, I oftentimes feel more comfortable ordering beans instead. It all depends on what type of restaurant I'm dining in.