Older generation

Dear person in charge, I may be old -fashioned I suppose but I thin a  lot of senior cruisers would give this idea a lot of consideration. How about using some of the older ships, the ones without wi-fi and charging stations, a face lift geared to the older crowd, They may want old time bands, dance music, not discos. Bingos, old movies, peace and quiet, no children running around and getting sick in the elevators because they ate too much. Pleasant walks on deck, dining experiences geared to the older palate. We don't need phone service , we cruise to get away from all that nonsense. You could open up a whole new cruising experience for us, exclusively ! How I could dream !  Wouldn't hurt to try , would it ?  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@Maggie Mae Marentette This is a good thought. I'm not sure CCL is the line for this. There are other great adult-only cruise lines that better fit this cruising experience. I see the value in a more peaceful, simplified cruising style, but I think this is a big ask for Carnival Cruise Line. What you described attracts a certain demographic, whereas CCL is geared towards attracting everyone with its fun ships. Have you been on an adult-only ship before? You may find exactly what you are looking for cruising with another line!

@Maggie Mae Marentette this is an absolute perfect idea. I can actually see this working, and being successful. However I believe this wouldn't just fall to the older generation as you say, I'm sure there will be younger people that wish to have some respite and a chill out rather than entertainment. If you know of a cruise going cheap, you could even do that yourself ha ha.

@Maggie Mae Marentette An older-generation cruise sounds like a clever idea! It's always lovely to cruise with like-minded guests. That is why I haven't cruised with CCL and RCL in a while because I know them to be a bit more geared towards the party scene, and I prefer a more chill environment when cruising with my family. As a younger to middle-aged person I happen to enjoy no cell service and wifi on cruises too! It's the best way to unwind and unplug. Sometimes I find myself spending way too much time on my phone, and I love detoxing from it while cruising! 

@FJB I see that the older generation could potentially benefit from more accessible features, but obviously, this doesn't apply to the entire older adult population. Activities such as bingo and swing dancing would probably be big hits on a cruise like this!

@kefthecruiser That's right! Holland America Line may be exactly what @Maggie Mae Marentette should look into! I like the idea of having different cruise lines for different interests. I personally like the non-party cruise experience, but I also am not looking for an older, adult-only experience. 

@FJB I love the charging station idea. That's actually pretty wise. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/25/2023 at 2:37 PM, Maggie Mae Marentette said:

Dear person in charge, I may be old -fashioned I suppose but I thin a  lot of senior cruisers would give this idea a lot of consideration. How about using some of the older ships, the ones without wi-fi and charging stations, a face lift geared to the older crowd, They may want old time bands, dance music, not discos. Bingos, old movies, peace and quiet, no children running around and getting sick in the elevators because they ate too much. Pleasant walks on deck, dining experiences geared to the older palate. We don't need phone service , we cruise to get away from all that nonsense. You could open up a whole new cruising experience for us, exclusively ! How I could dream !  Wouldn't hurt to try , would it ?  

Good points...our last trip on Mardi was absolutely crazy.....the pool was blasted with Hood music, suggestive...Not so sure Carnival is the Family Friendly it used to be.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 8/18/2023 at 8:30 AM, Cruising Caribbean said:

@Mr.Bill I guess the ship really does live up to its party name. I hope it was censored hood music. That makes it family-friendly I suppose. I have noticed more and more "hood" music onboard, and I think it's pretty catchy. Maybe that's why the Mardi party crowd is a good time. Were you able to join in on the fun? 

Hard to bring 9 year olds to the party, when the Chorus line is something about a women's anatomy.

• Sad 1

On 7/28/2023 at 4:37 PM, kefthecruiser said:

With all due respect and having cruised both, Carnival does have a cruise line for "the older crowd". It's called, wait for it,  ...........................................

Holland America

Or maybe Virgin AMerica...Margarite Ville.