CCL Passenger Busted

A Carnival Vista guest arrived late after a call in Cozumel, and she was caught on film by other guests onboard who saw her casually strolling back to the ship after holding everyone up. This event seemed to really fire up others onboard as they watched her board with no sense of urgency. Has anyone ever witnessed a hold-up such as this one? I think I would be a bit frustrated too. 

More than once I've watched 'pier runners' in Cozumel return to the ship up to perhaps 30 minutes late. Some run, some don't, some can't. (The pier is rather long and with the sun / heat / humidity difficult to run for any distance.) It is fun to heckle them.   Carnival always warns the ship will leave without you if you're late; I've never seen that. 

• Like 1

@SpaceCowboy9 I highly doubt this passenger got a penalty! She probably just got spoken to by the onboard security team. 

@kefthecruiser When I'm cruising I'm in total relaxed mode, possibly hanging out by the poolside bar way too long. I don't think it would even phase me to be leaving any later. If I was the one running late for whatever reason, I would be sprinting down the pier! I agree that it's not kind to make everyone wait for you without feeling any sort of remorse. I'm not sure what the reason was for this passenger's delay. 

• 1 month later...

@Tootie How often are cruise guests doing this? I would be so ashamed! There is no reason to be late. It's just improper time management. This lady does come off as quite inconsiderate based on the photos.

This happened more recently on an MSC Cruise ship. https://www.cruisehive.com/couple-begs-cruise-ship-not-to-leave-them-behind/108919 This couple was hoping for a better outcome in Bari, Italy.