Cruise Hive Boards

TA cruisers

Has anyone traveled with Princess using your TA discount?  I'm booked for this Fall and the original booking was on Regal. I chose my mini suite/midship and paid in full.  They later switched the cruise to the Regal and are telling me that I won't know my room assignment until one week before the cruise.  Why? I can't get an answer from anyone.  Does anyone on this forum know the answer?  I would appreciate it.  Thank you.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@Kitty Princess Cruises should be communicating better than that. You already paid your booking in full, which means you deserve all of your questions about your booking to be answered! I wonder if this is common practice for Princess Cruises to change room assignments for those utilizing their TA discount while booking to maximize profit per sailing. I think it's a bit much that the cruise line would make you wait until a week before to assign you a room. What if the cruise line doesn't offer you a comparable room, like assigns you a balcony instead of a mini-suite? I would hope that if this occurred, Princess Cruises would then reimburse you the price difference. If you are downgraded in terms of stateroom type, you would absolutely be due for reimbursement. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I’m just now seeing your response. I totally agree that if downgraded a refund is due. It’sa Shane that those of us who sell hundreds of their cruises to clients are being treated like this. I am Ellie,too, and did not get the 10% discount when I booked excursions. So disappointed. 

• Thanks 1

@Kitty I definitely think it's easily frustrating to guests, especially a Princess Cruises' elite member! I would reach out to Princes Cruises via email to see if the line could refund you the 10% discount for your excursion. That would certainly be due to you. I would assume what you are experiencing is rare and not typical. I also don't like that the line makes you wait so long to get a definitive response on which stateroom you will receive. That's just not fair. Have you cruised on another line that has done something similar to you in the past? 

• Like 1

Thanks for replying.  I have called - and waited quite a while to get a Princess agent - but no answers.  I don't know why my room can't be assigned like everyone else.  This cruise was first booked on the Royal and a few weeks later switched to the Regal.  I had chosen my room midship, deck 9.  Now they can't even tell me which deck I'll be on.  No, I've never had this happen with any other cruise line, nor have I had it happen to any of me many clients I've booked on Princess.  Very, very disappointing to say the least.

• Thanks 1

@Kitty I also don't understand why an agent won't answer to assist you! An agent will answer to create a new booking for you; so why won't the line answer for an existing booking? Have you tried calling another extension or number to reach a Princess Cruises agent? An email may be another good way to figure this all out, but you certainly deserve an answer, or the cruise line can refund you for the inconvenience and you can book with another line. I don't like the unpredictability and uncertainty. This has not been a comfortable and reliable booking experience for you whatsoever. 

• Like 1

Thanks everyone for responding. I have called several times to get different Princess agents. None has given me an answer as to why I can’t get my room assignment now. Some of you mentioned emailing them. Where do I send it? Right now I’m so frustrated that I’m ready to cancel the cruise but it’s one we’ve wanted to take for a while. 

• Like 1

@Kitty I would try emailing both customerrelations@princesscruises.com and customerservices@princesscruises.com. Let me know which email is the most effective for future reference but the line should definitely get back to you on this matter, with a nice paper trail along with it for reference. Give it a week and see how the email contact works. Hopefully, you can get to the bottom of it easier this way.

• Like 1

Thank you 3Sisters.  I will try this.  I did call OneSource and was on hold for over 30 minutes......finally hung up.  I don't know if they have fewer agents because of the pandemic or if they have just gone downhill.  I truly enjoy Princess and want to give them the benefit of the doubt, but it's getting harder.  I will post when/if I hear back from one of your suggestions. 

• Like 1

@Kitty It's so stressful to be on hold for that long. I get so frustrated with airlines when they do that too. It just drives me nuts, and it feels like such a waste of time! On top of that, it feels like the cruise line doesn't even value your time. With the shortage of customer service agents, I have also found email to be a better form of communication. It does take time to get a response, but you usually get a real response and not some random excuse that doesn't equate or truly meet your need. I will anticipate your update here. It's tedious, but don't give up!

• Like 1

I sent a few emails and have heard nothing in return.  My husband and I have decided to just go with the flow and be thankful to be back on a ship. I can't spend any more time being on hold nor worrying about where the room might be. We will enjoy the ports, other passengers and just sailing again.  Thanks to all for responding, caring and making suggestions.

• Sad 1

@Kitty This is a prime example of horrid customer service. How can the cruise line just ignore and avoid its paying guests? It's so disrespectful and makes guests feel undervalued, or not valued whatsoever. You are certainly a more accepting and understanding cruise guest than I am. The cruise line should come full circle and get back to you via email. That's the only appropriate way for this situation to be handled. I hope Princess Cruises does end up responding to you and giving you peace of mind here. You at least deserve that courtesy! 

• 2 months later...

UPDATE:  Finally got our room assignment and it's 415, Aloha deck.  It's almost midship and I'm pleased!  I still have no idea why it was not assigned earlier because we had chosen our room on the Royal before they switched the cruise to the Regal.  All is well and I'm eager to cruise again!!

• Thanks 1

@Kitty Thanks for this update! I'm so glad you filled us all in. I was a bit anxious for you initially, but it seems everything has worked itself out. That stateroom sounds perfect; you can't go wrong with midship! What ended up being the best source of communication to reach Princess Cruises? I'm sure this could help many other Princess guests if they ever have a hiccup along the way. When will you be cruising out? Will this be your first time on this ship?

Kendall-James Vargas, I had decided no more communication and just see what might happen. So glad I didn't put up a larger fuss about this, because it did work out. I have no idea what nor why this happened, but I'm pleased with my room now.  In fact, it is an upgrade within the mini category.  Just got word that the medallions are on their way, so we will relax and just enjoy cruising again. I had a really bad bout of Covid last summer (a week in the hospital) and am a bit leery, but will take masks just in case. 

Thanks, everyone, for your comments and support.  I might stop by the desk and ask for an explanation, but it's no big deal now.

Happy cruising to all!

@Oldgirl50 That's a great tip! It may be more cost-effective to hold off and book onboard if you are an elite member.

@Kitty You definitely deserved your upgrade! I guess it all ended up being worth the wait. I love this medallion option. As someone who knows all about the medallion service but hasn't used it yet, I'm curious how someone could cruise without it after the fact. Once you utilize that luxury, I can't imagine any other cruise experience even comparing. I still use the traditional room key to get around onboard the cruise ship. It's about time I give the medallion service a go. Princess Cruises could just become my new favorite cruise line!