Meal restriction on voyager or RC policy?

We have three friends who recently went on voyager and were told in the MDR that they were limited to one appetizer, one entree and one dessert. They were looking to get a soup, and salad with their appetizer and were denied.  Anyone know if this is a misinterpretation or new company policy?..

• Sad 2

@Runningdog I'm surprised RCL is being so restrictive, but I have heard some specialty items are being restricted as such. Most cruise lines are cracking down on food waste and cost so this isn't very surprising to me. I'm bummed that the rules are so intense as to not offer an additional soup or salad. It sort of ruins the whole MDR experience! I haven't cruised with RCL for some time (since pre-pandemic), and all of the other cruises I have recently sailed on were not restrictive in any way in the MDR. I'm curious to hear feedback from someone who has been on a Royal Caribbean cruise recently. 

@Runningdog I hadn't heard of any restrictions, however being involved in the hospitality trade it does make sense that there are restrictions in place to prevent food waste. Food waste is a bug bear for me working in the industry, there are so much of it and it angers me when people just order for the sake of it and majority of the time hardly touch it. It's such a waste.

@Runningdog I hope this isn't the case, as a cruiser who often orders two apps because I can't pick just one, but I understand the reasoning and logic behind it. I do not like to waste food, and I usually opt out of dessert. There are some cruise guests who go over the top with ordering and that's a shame because it often becomes wasteful. I'm sure RCL is going to find a way to restrict guests from over-ordering and wasting to cut down food costs. I respect the cruise line for trying to cut back on food waste, even if it means I just have to pick just one app. RCL prides itself on being pretty sustainable. More recently the cruise line celebrated 30 years of sustainability commitment