Cruise paid in full. Encore. Jan 16, 2022. Can I get a full refund, not a future cruse credit if I cancel today? Afraid to sail due to covid

My understanding is once you have paid in full you can only get cruise credit and you must quote the "peace of mind" policy in order to even get the credit. If you don't, the regular cancellation policy applies.  This is the updated policy in effect until January 31st.  I just did this on 1/1 for our 1/2 NCL cruise and we are getting credit back for everything we paid, including prepaid excursions - but NO cash back.  I suggest you wait until you are sure because you cannot change your mind & get the same cruise back.  There is a chance CoVID may get better soon.  I definitely WOULD have taken my cruise (to get away from all the unvaxed people in my town!) but my fellow travellers refused and you cannot back out individually - it is per reservation.  Read the NCL Peace of Mind FAQs for even more information and the specific phone number to call.

• Like 1

On 1/3/2022 at 11:44 AM, mal157 said:

My understanding is once you have paid in full you can only get cruise credit and you must quote the "peace of mind" policy in order to even get the credit. If you don't, the regular cancellation policy applies.  This is the updated policy in effect until January 31st.  I just did this on 1/1 for our 1/2 NCL cruise and we are getting credit back for everything we paid, including prepaid excursions - but NO cash back.  I suggest you wait until you are sure because you cannot change your mind & get the same cruise back.  There is a chance CoVID may get better soon.  I definitely WOULD have taken my cruise (to get away from all the unvaxed people in my town!) but my fellow travellers refused and you cannot back out individually - it is per reservation.  Read the NCL Peace of Mind FAQs for even more information and the specific phone number to call.

Just a point to the above post.  IF you cancel and use the POM policy to do so, make sure to cancel any shore excursions you made FIRST, and these will be credited back to your original form of payment, most likely a Credit Card.  If you don't and just cancel everything, you'll only receive FCC for the entire amount you paid, therefore you will NOT receive the money back for the shore excursions

• Like 1

You are absolutely right Homer - Cancel the excursions first!  Every NCL office was closed when we cancelled on 1/31 the night before embarkation.  I felt lucky that I read on Cruisehive about the changed PoM policy issued just that day and happy to find a link to the form that I used to invoke PoM . Also, unbelievably, that I actually got an immediate response after submitting my request form to "change itinerary" which confirmed cancellation and FOC to be credited within 7 days.  I called the next day just to double-check and had no problem getting through to someone to confirm.

• Like 1

We canceled Encore sailing on January 16, 22also

But still  haven’t received anything from NCL.

seems like NCL doesn’t want a long term relationship with the guests and grab the money they have right now.

May be it’s time for some of us to give our business to other companies 

• Like 1