Cruise Hive Boards

MSC Meraviglia Now in NY

MSC Meraviglia has officially docked at the Brooklyn Cruise Terminal after an 11-day itinerary from Port Canaveral, repositioning to its new homeport in New York. Its cruises will range from 6-8 day itineraries departing from the Brooklyn Cruise Terminal bringing with it tons of financial benefits as cruise guests come to explore some of the amazing things New York has to offer. About 150 local residents will be hired to support cruise operations and local businesses that will see an influx of foot traffic. After a dreadful past few years for New York, this is a huge positive for the area! 

I agree MSC Meraviglia is going to attract lots of cruise guests to the area! All of these new visitors are going to greatly support New York's local economy. I remember when MSC Meraviglia was notorious for its Cirque du Soleil shows in its Carousel Lounge. Post cruise shut-down, I'm pretty sure its Cirque du Soleil shows onboard are no longer and have been replaced with another alternative. I was bummed about that because I have always been so impressed by Cirque du Soleil.

The ship is such a beauty. These are some incredible shots of the ship during a beautiful time of evening! I love the city scenery in the background. The Sportsplex onboard MSC Meraviglia has so much to offer from pickleball to miniature golf! I love miniature golfing at sea. The views are unbeatable from the outdoor, upper decks! 

• 3 weeks later...

Speaking of amazing designs, I'm overly impressed by MSC's luxury cruise line, Explora Journeys stateroom options. One of the stateroom options onboard Explora I is a 3,000-square-foot Owner's Residence Suite, featuring a private infinity whirlpool and a double vanity bathroom adorned with marble. If you want unforgettable luxury, look no further. 

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

MSC Virtuosa canceled one of its 14-night voyages for a 12-night voyage! If guests commit to switching to this alternate sailing, they will be reimbursed for the 2 missed nights. This alternate itinerary actually sounds pretty great. Hopefully, this doesn't happen to my MSC Cruise in February 2024! At least I know MSC Cruises is being fair and properly reimbursing its guests.

• 2 weeks later...

👋 I am sorry that I didn't see this message! I would love a list or link of area hotels. We live in CT usually we take a car service when we leave out of NY. This year we might consider staying at a Hotel in the city  or parking in the lot of the terminal.  The prices for the cars have gotten out of control. Thanks

• Like 1

@rindybar No worries! It happens to the best of us. That's a treat to be so close to a busy homeport! Yes, the car shuttling can get a bit hectic too. From car rental prices increasing to having to shuttle your suitcases to and fro in a taxi, the process can be much easier if you park at a nearby hotel and take a shuttle to the New York port. Many of the surrounding hotels do not offer a shuttle but Hotel Edison Times Square does, and it's only 1.2 miles from the port. You would have to figure out all of the costs to see if it would be the best route for you and your family, but it would give you some extra time to unwind pre and/or post-cruise in the city. A park-and-ride option is another feasible option instead of renting a car, but as you know those options do charge a pretty penny per day.

• Thanks 1

@rindybar That's such an early departure time! I'm so accustomed to later departure times with MSC Cruises. Then, will the ship begin the embarkation process earlier? I recently took an MSC cruise that had my scheduled embarkation time at 4pm. It was so wonderful getting there at that time because there were no lines! Yacht Club has its own area for everything, even at all the ports! You really won't have to worry about waiting in any lines. Not going to lie, I was a bit jealous as the Yacht Club guest just breezed on by while I was in line to get back on the ship. 

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...