Who's as disappointed as we are? The Cruising Public!

I have been reading the posts to the boards this morning and seeing the disappointment that folks are experiencing with the cruise industry as a whole this morning and I find what i think is a common thread, no customer service. I know that the cruise industry has been hit in a very hard and unfair way from the Chinese Virus and the heavy handed overreach from the CDC (Federal Government), but it seems to me that rather than do what's right for the consumers that support them, they choose to bow to the powers at large and take the same heavy handed approaches to the elephants in the room. The requirement for "ALL" passengers to be vaccinated, including children, constitutes, in my opinion, discrimination. It does not take into consideration those with natural immunity or those that have had the bug and recovered with more antibodies than the shot can give you. My wife and I both had the virus for Christmas in 2020 and we both test very well for the antibodies left behind. We are not vaccinated and will not be and my wife has a medical consideration that precludes her from getting the vax. We have had 6 cruises cancelled because of this mess. We were able to cruise 1 time in August and had a wonderful time and did not experience any problems other than pre-cruise testing availability and the uncertainty that entailed. The cruise line has been more than to apply our funds to "future cruises" but with the uncertainty of the way the cruise lines are acting, why would we keep letting them use our money to continue to tell us NO to be able to cruise? Unless you training is in accounting, trying to make sense of the refund process and the amount of your money that you will getting back for all of the future cruise credits, down payments, port fees and taxes that have to paid our of your pocket and not your future cruise credits is ridiculous. It seem s like every time we rebook and try to apply money already spent, we are hit with more fees and less customer service in trying to understand where FCC (Future Cruise Credit) #xyz7754 has been applied and for what amount. Lord forbid you have a problem understanding the person on the other end of the line located in a country other than your own that has probably never been on a cruise ship or even seen one in person. 

I think that it is time that we, the disappointed consumers that have supported this industry, contact the heads of the cruise lines, we contact the states office of consumer affairs, and we get vocal and public to the discrimination that the cruise lines are perpetuating on the public.         

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I myself have just recently contacted a lawyer over the cruise lines taking away mine and my husband who have had covid, freedom away from being able to choose a cruise, we had one scheduled for hawaii on norwegian right before covid went crazy but for 2 years we canceled and rebooked with no change except them discriminating against we the people who will not or can not get the jab. I will not put a experimental med in my system especially when there is no recourse to them as a company and them asking for 75 years to look into the effects of this so called vaccine. When I came down with covid I was given ivermectin and hydroxychloroquine  which worked great in 3 days I was feeling great, as influenctional people have said if that would have been the protocol covid would not be here. But no billions would have been made

It sure is difficult for many cruisers at the moment, especially with ongoing cancellations, itinerary changes and very long waiting times for customer service calls. Let's just hope as we go into 2022, the situation gets better and there will be more stability in cruising.

Thanks for your comment Emrys. It is a very trying time for all involved and it's a case of not only personal choice but business, government intervention, and politics. Not a good combination no mater what side we are on! my hope is much like yours in that at some point before to long, everyone comes to an agreement on how to resume including everyone onboard.