Cruise Hive Boards

No internet on Princess Transatlantic

• lovetotravel104 changed the title to No internet on Princess Transatlantic

No worries - Elon is in the process of fixing the internet in the middle of the sea.  Once he fixes the internet, he will be installing charging stations in the middle of the oceans to recharge those government mandated electric cruise ships. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/22/2022 at 12:15 AM, lovetotravel104 said:

We went on our 2nd transatlantic cruise this year and no internet for days on each cruise. This has caused us to cancel future cruises with Princess. 

We gave never had this problem before. Very upset. Not acceptable. No excuse.

The good thing is that the cruise line, along with other Carnival-owned brands are have SpaceX's Starlink installed through the year, which would improve things a lot. The era of slow internet on cruise ships and lack of connectivity are almost over.

• Thanks 1

Unbeknownst to me, the Starlink service is actually faster than most at home internet packages! I didn't realize it is that good. Although I personally don't usually use the wifi on board, I'm most excited for the crew members that will have access to this. For most crew members, this is one of the only ways they can connect with their family for many months to even years. 

Edited by Kendall James-Vargas
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

@ombud I would imagine now the Starlink service is so much better! I haven't used it yet, but it seems so worth it. I don't really utilize the onboard wifi much and it's usually so patchy anyways. Starlink has changed the game for the cruise industry. All of the past service issues aren't a burden to guests any longer. Have you been able to use Starlink on a ship before? 

@ombud Starlink has changed the wifi service at sea! In my opinion, if you seriously needed wifi service for business or educational purposes, you need to invest in using the Starlink service. I have heard it's a significantly better and more reliable service onboard the cruise ships that have it. Although for leisure or more unimportant browsing the traditional service would probably do its job just fine.

@lovetotravel104 Did you have the option to purchase Starlink onboard? 

Edited by 3Sisters