New 2024-2025 Itineraries

13 hours ago, Kendall James-Vargas said:

Royal Caribbean has released some new U.S. departing itineraries for the 2024-2025 cruise season. Is anyone ready to book a Royal Caribbean cruise for the year 2025?

Now that all the drama with protocols is coming to an end, I think cruise bookings will skyrocket over the coming years for sure, including those new itineraries from Royal Caribbean.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, 3Sisters said:

@FJB I think that several people feel that way. I prefer to book about a year out. Who knows what commitments I may have over two years in advanced! Although, saving a spot on some exclusive sailings may be worth it. 

A year out is our maximum planning time. Mostly we plan 3-6 months out. A couple of times it was a month or less - a transatlantic cruise was Planned and booked a month before departure. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Kendall James-Vargas said:

@FJB I don't think I could have such flexibility in my schedule! Also, I am such a planner so it's nice to have time to book flights and prep. Do you seem to find better prices when you book closer to the sailing date or ahead of time? I have never booked a month before departure! 

I am self employed so have a bit more flexibility.  We’ve had good prices ether way - a year out or a month out. Guess it depends on the cruise and the time of the year. Sometimes the more memorable experiences are when you wing it! 

7 hours ago, Kendall James-Vargas said:

@FJB Yes that is nice, a perk of the job for sure! Maybe when I'm retired and have a more flexible lifestyle, I will be more spontaneous. For now, I will live vicariously through you and your awesome cruise experiences! 

We’ve been very fortunate to have been on 20+ cruises. I’ve organized many fundraiser cruises for our local Catholic school, hosting as many as 60 people on a Alaska cruise tour for 12 days.  And then it’s just been my wife and I on a Caribbean cruise in a suite that was booked 2 months after 9/11 when everyone was scared to cruise and travel was dirt cheap.  Life is short - see as much of the world as your pocketbook allows! 

• Like 1

@FJB That is such a cleaver and kind way to fundraise! That was such a tragic time, after 9/11. At least you were able to get away and make the most of it. I always tell my husband I want to retire on a cruise ship. It's more of a joke than anything, but two months on a cruise is certainly a goal! I'm glad you were able to have an experience like that. That's a really great tip. What has been your favorite line to cruise with thus far?

3 hours ago, Kendall James-Vargas said:

@FJB That is such a cleaver and kind way to fundraise! That was such a tragic time, after 9/11. At least you were able to get away and make the most of it. I always tell my husband I want to retire on a cruise ship. It's more of a joke than anything, but two months on a cruise is certainly a goal! I'm glad you were able to have an experience like that. That's a really great tip. What has been your favorite line to cruise with thus far?

Our go to cruiseline is Celebrity but we have done one cruise with Azamara and enjoyed that very much, so will be looking at that one a bit more. 

4 hours ago, Kendall James-Vargas said:

@FJB Since you enjoy cruising with Celebrity Cruises, were you able to do a metaverse tour of Celebrity Beyond? https://www.cruisehive.com/celebrity-cruises-launches-worlds-first-metaverse-cruise-ship/90470

I have not because I don’t care for virtual reality stuff - give me the real reality stuff!  Besides we have been on the Edge so have a basic understanding of the Beyond. 

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Kendall James-Vargas said:

@FJB Based on your experience with Celebrity Edge, would you like to book on the Celebrity Beyond? It looks like a pretty large ship, and I'm sure its sailing close to its full capacity, 3,260 guests. 

I don’t think it would be our first choice. In fact the Millennium was chosen over the Apex(brother ship) as our next Cruise. We were not fans of the infinite veranda on the Edge.  Beautiful ships but we are more traditionalist cruisers. 

7 hours ago, Kendall James-Vargas said:

@FJB Celebrity Millennium looks like a solid ship! You can't go wrong with old and faithful. The ship also offers tons of different itineraries. I looks like it will be sailing out of Japan pretty soon! Will you be departing from Japan?

We are doing the ABC islands departing from San Juan in February. Haven’t been to Japan yet. 

• Thanks 1

@FJB The beaches are just so lovely there! I hope you have a great time. You are only 2 months out. The Blu restaurant looks so delicious. It says its only for AquaClass members though. I guess that makes it pretty exclusive. 

https://www.celebritycruises.com/things-to-do-onboard/eat-and-drink/restaurants-and-cafes/blu

Edited by Kendall James-Vargas

14 minutes ago, Kendall James-Vargas said:

@FJB The beaches are just so lovely there! I hope you have a great time. You are only 2 months out. The Blu restaurant looks so delicious. It says its only for AquaClass members though. I guess that makes it pretty exclusive. 

https://www.celebritycruises.com/things-to-do-onboard/eat-and-drink/restaurants-and-cafes/blu

We booked Aqua Class  - 2nd time. We enjoyed Blu enough the first time to do it again! 

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Kendall James-Vargas said:

@FJB I can't say I'm surprised. You definitely know how to plan an unforgettable cruise experience. I'm a breakfast person, and Blu's breakfast looks phenomenal. When you cruise in AquaClass, will you dine at Blu at least once a day?

We had dinner in Blu every night and will probably do the same on our upcoming cruise-no specialty restaurant needed. We never had breakfast in Blu - couldn’t seem to roll out of bed early enough for that.