Changing cruise terminals during a cruise

My wife and I just returned from a Carnival cruise on the Conquest from the Port of Miami. While there was much to say about the cruise itself, our biggest complaint came as we returned to Miami on Friday morning and disembarked from the ship at a different terminal than the one we left from. While this may not be a problem for some, we had parked our car in the lot directly across from terminal D. We were now at terminal F with a long walk to our car. We are both seniors and not prepared to make this trek. My first thought was that other ships had come into port before we arrived, and the port had placed one of them at terminal D and it was not available. That was not the case. As we started our walk towards the walk to terminal D parking deck, I noticed that there were no other ships in port yet. The port did offer to load you and your luggage into buses and take you back to the terminal but at that point after waiting in line packed in like sardines just to get off the ship, why would you jam your bags into the belly of the beast and try and sit in bus seats with all of your carry-ons with everyone else that you just got some distance from. My wife made it to terminal E before she gave up and I walked on the retrieve the car and come back and load her and the bags into it and head home. In all of our previous cruises, this is the first time that has ever happened to us and it made no sense! 

On 11/28/2022 at 2:06 PM, Jim Lamb said:

My wife and I just returned from a Carnival cruise on the Conquest from the Port of Miami. While there was much to say about the cruise itself, our biggest complaint came as we returned to Miami on Friday morning and disembarked from the ship at a different terminal than the one we left from. While this may not be a problem for some, we had parked our car in the lot directly across from terminal D. We were now at terminal F with a long walk to our car. We are both seniors and not prepared to make this trek. My first thought was that other ships had come into port before we arrived, and the port had placed one of them at terminal D and it was not available. That was not the case. As we started our walk towards the walk to terminal D parking deck, I noticed that there were no other ships in port yet. The port did offer to load you and your luggage into buses and take you back to the terminal but at that point after waiting in line packed in like sardines just to get off the ship, why would you jam your bags into the belly of the beast and try and sit in bus seats with all of your carry-ons with everyone else that you just got some distance from. My wife made it to terminal E before she gave up and I walked on the retrieve the car and come back and load her and the bags into it and head home. In all of our previous cruises, this is the first time that has ever happened to us and it made no sense! 

Hey @Jim Lamb, I wonder why they had to change the terminal! We've reported a few times about this for different ships and passengers are usually informed before the cruise, so must have been a last-minute change. Sorry you had to go through that, doesn't make a good experience at all. I would also not enjoy being on bus like that. How was the actual cruise?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

@Jim Lamb Thanks for sharing your experience out of Port of Miami. That's such a bummer you had to change terminals. It's funny because I have family near the port so I have always had someone pick me up, wherever that was. I never really pay attention to the embarkation/disembarkation terminals, but now I am going to pay closer attention. Hopefully this doesn't happen to you again!