Cruise Hive Boards

Holland America Rip off

joe

I have had largely positive experiences on my 9 HAL cruises. Everything from Inside Cabins to Suites!

I find the food better on HAL than on other mainstream cruise lines! And it is a more sophisticated crowd (some people call that an old crowd).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@TV Don This isn't the first time I have heard this! Those that have tried HAL usually love it. The typical negative thing I hear is that the line is not very kid-friendly in comparison to others. I think I would love to cruise HAL, but for now I have been cruising with my young family. Thanks for sharing your valuable perspective. Sometimes all we see are the negative reviews! Fort the quality of experience you get with HAL, I think it's worth the price difference. Have you cruised any other lines and enjoyed them more than HAL?

• 3 weeks later...

Golly, been on a dozen Holland America cruises... Loved all of them. (Full disclosure, I tip pretty well... treated like royalty, always a smile from the crew. Love it, love it, love it! (No, I do not work for HA🤣... just a regular cruiser w/ them.))

Edited by Balmy Jones
forgot the 2nd closing parenthesis (hey, I'm an engineer.)
  • Like 2

@Balmy Jones Tipping is a great tip! No pun intended. So many guests don't tip and expect exceptional service. If you aren't exceptional to the crew, why should they be exceptional to you? If someone is tipping me well, I would go above and beyond for that person. Wouldn't you? I'm so glad you have enjoyed your HAL cruises thus far. Most guests that cruise HAL fall in love. Is that your preferred cruise line? What itineraries/ships have been your favorite thus far? I haven't cruised with the line yet, but its itinerary options are unique and vast! For that reason, I think HAL stands out amongst the rest.