8/7/22 Breakaway itinerary CHANGED - not comparable

NCL Breakaway recently issued an itinerary changes for 8/7/22 that is not acceptable.

2 ports cancelled, added a day at sea to make it 3 instead of and added a half day port stop in SanJuan. 

This is not a comparable "changed" itinerary.  We want out or an large sum of refunded for this substandard sailing.  What are the options? 

Senior NCL management needs to reevaluate this sailing and add another destination. So unacceptable especially after selecting this itinerary specifically for its destinations and waiting all this time through COVID .  Some help, advice please...

• Sad 1

I keep trying to be okay with this but it is so wrong.  If you evaluate it, it is almost 4 days at sea on a 7 day cruise (the san juan stop is from 4-11 half day stop in the evening is not excursion worthy).  I feel completely ripped off - this is no where near what I was sold and what I paid for.  

Please add more stops, even 2 nights in St. Thomas with tenders to tortola or st john would be better than what they are proposing. Please make this right!   

Is anyone else on the same sailing?  Thoughts?

• Sad 1

I spoke with NCL today to let them know that this change to our itinerary was completely unacceptable.  Puerto Rico is a pitiful alternative and 2 straight days at sea is ridiculous.  I asked multiple times the specific reason for the changes and they refused to tell me.  I told the representative that they needed to own up as to why the trip was so drastically changed.  I won’t travel on NCL again.

• Sad 1

On the Aug 7th sailing going with a group. All very dissatisfied with the way NCL has handled this situation. Some of my group are new to NCL some repeat travelers, all frequent cruiser's all have expressed wouldn't use any FCC that NCL might eventually provide as no intention of sailing with NCL again 

• Sad 1

This is so WRONG.  Some people save for YEARS to be able to hit specific destinations and to cancel without offering something comparable is CORRUPT.   Curious if there is any way to generate a class action suit for false advertising or misrepresentation…Litigation seems the only way to ensure this STOPS

• Sad 1

I think emailing them and posting on their social media could be a good first step to let NCL know that the passengers are not happy with these changes.  The sailing is in August right?  So there is plenty of time to make another itinerary changes.

• 1 month later...

Just got back on the Breakaway from the 7/31-8/7, same literary changes.  It really really was a terrible itinerary.  San Juan was basically 3 hours, no shops were open, restaurants were overwhelmed, and the city was just awful.  Very dirty.  We should have stayed in the boat.  Very disappointed with the changes, and basically everyone on the boat including crew were equally as disappointed.  Will definitely affect our future travel with this cruise line.

• Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/7/2022 at 10:09 AM, Drewk said:

Just got back on the Breakaway from the 7/31-8/7, same literary changes.  It really really was a terrible itinerary.  San Juan was basically 3 hours, no shops were open, restaurants were overwhelmed, and the city was just awful.  Very dirty.  We should have stayed in the boat.  Very disappointed with the changes, and basically everyone on the boat including crew were equally as disappointed.  Will definitely affect our future travel with this cruise line.

I agree.  We were on the same trip, and were very disappointed that we didn't stop in Tortola. Like you said, most of the stores and restaurants in San Juan were either closed or jammed because it was Wednesday. 

NCL never explained why they changed the itinerary, nor did they provide any compensation. 

• Sad 1