Unvaccinated child and shore excursion

I am so bummed out.  We are leaving for a cruise out of Miami to Cozumel, where we planned a full day of snorkeling on public beaches.  I just read 1 sentence in all the COVID policies, that unvaccinated children MUST book a shore excursion.  We are all vaccinated except my 4 yr old.  Did anyone else run into this problem and are they strictly enforced?  Can I purchase a ticket for just him and not show up for excursion?

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I just returned from our cruise with my 2 year old and they required seeing her excursion ticket to exit the ship. There was also a check in once we started the excursion. If she never checked in on the tour I’m sure they would’ve noticed. It may not have been worth the consequence of her having to quarantine because of that. The ship has people monitoring compliance for everything to be sure they’re following cdc guidelines. Unfortunately the cruise was the worst and they don’t give two craps about the unvaccinated children on the ship. They have NOTHING for them and could care less about i them being bored or for forcing families to entertain their kids 24/7 while on the vacation. No camp, no Night Owl services…. No break ever. You would think they would offer activities for parents to enjoy with their kids…. NOPE!! Be sure to bring plenty of things to keep your kiddo entertained because the ship won’t provide.