First timers

Hi all 

is the Deluxe drink  package worth the price I’m going on my first trip in may and the price of the package is 1159€ for two people, the thing is my wife isn’t a big drinker. Can someone tell me the average price for a glass of wine and beer and maybe a few cocktails 

Thanks in advance 

• Thanks 1

@Tonycork Drink prices range from $7-$11 for basic alcoholic drinks. The prices can definitely be higher for better quality products. I think you need to consume like 10-12 beverages per day to get your money's worth out of it. To get your money's worth you need to get lots of bottles waters and maybe fancy coffees and teas to make it worth it. When I have the beverage package I get daily cappuccino, tons of bottled waters and sparkling waters, plenty of daiquiris, and prosecco/wine. If you are a soda drinker, this package makes sense too. Another thing to factor in is gratuities. You will need to pay gratuities on every beverage if not purchasing the beverage package. That additional gratuity does jack up the price per drink if purchased al a cart. Have you cruised with RCL before?

Hi Kendall

Thanks for your reply. 
No we are first time to cruising I understand what you’re saying about 10-12 beverages a day I myself would have no problem with that if it was possible to get just one package it would be perfect but I understand you can’t do that. Thanks again I might wait till we get onboard and see how we get on. 

@Tonycork Typically it's cheaper to pre purchase the beverage package ahead of time. Most cruise lines won't allow one beverage package per stateroom because of sharing. If one person gets a beverage package in a stateroom, everyone else in the stateroom must get one too. I don't usually consumer enough, but my husband does. If at least one person will consume enough, I recommend getting the beverage package for your first cruise. It's worth it and it's very convenient. When you prepay you typically feel less restricted when ordering. It's nice not to have to think twice about getting any drink onboard!

Keep in mind that your days in port when off the ship are not included in the cost of the drink package. Anything you drink off the ship is also out of your pocket so to make the cost of the drink package break even you will have to either stay on boards at the ports and drink or go onshore and then power drink once back onboard! Party on!

• Thanks 2

@Jim Lamb That's a good tip. I try to drink onboard only when I purchase the drink package. If you plan to do a good amount of drinking off of the ship, it may make more sense to pay per drink on and off the ship. Do you have any excursions planned for this cruise? Some excursions include drinks which is nice. Personally I'm not a day drinker so I just bring a bottled water off of the ship while exploring the ports and then come back for drinks when I'm done walking the port. 

@Tonycork I don't think the prices are ridiculous. The wine and cocktail prices are comparable to a nice restaurant. Since you will be spending a good amount of time off of the ship the package may not be worth it. It's convenient to have the package, but it's not necessary. The best part about the beverage package is really that you don't have to pay the extra gratuities tacked on per drinks. That is typically 18%-20% extra in tips, depending on the cruise line. A pro tip is find a bar and a bar tender you really enjoy. Slide that person a decent tip the first night and the bar tender will make you the best drinks on repeat for the rest of the cruise. 

1 hour ago, 3Sisters said:

@Tonycork I don't think the prices are ridiculous. The wine and cocktail prices are comparable to a nice restaurant. Since you will be spending a good amount of time off of the ship the package may not be worth it. It's convenient to have the package, but it's not necessary. The best part about the beverage package is really that you don't have to pay the extra gratuities tacked on per drinks. That is typically 18%-20% extra in tips, depending on the cruise line. A pro tip is find a bar and a bar tender you really enjoy. Slide that person a decent tip the first night and the bar tender will make you the best drinks on repeat for the rest of the cruise. 

Thanks again for the reply 3Sisters

very much appreciate 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Tonycork said:

Hi 3Sisters 

I have a question about the cart on the app , I have  4 excursions pre booked will I have to pay for them before the cruise or can I wait and pay on board . 

Thanks Tony

I’m almost certain you will have to pay for those at least a couple of days before your sail date in order to guarantee your spots.  You can take a chance on purchasing once you board but being in your “cart” doesn’t save you a spot.   

• Thanks 2

Yes, you do have to purchase them in the cart asap. They won't be in your cart if you don't. And, check to make sure they are still available before check-out so you're not disappointed when the cart rejects your purchase.

• Thanks 1

Hi 3Sisters 

I have a question about the cart on the app , I have  4 excursions pre booked will I have to pay for them before the cruise or can I wait and pay on board . 

Thanks Tony

1 hour ago, 3Sisters said:

@Tonycork I second what @Jim Lamb and @FJB shared. You must indeed purchase ahead of time. You have to pay when you book and receive a confirmation once it's booked. I recommend doing that as soon as possible! Don't wait to pay onboard! You will be very upset with that outcome. It would likely be sold out by then.

Hello everyone 

Thanks to all for the help 

I’ve taken all the advice and I’m trying most of the day to purchase the items in the cart,but each time I’m getting a message saying oh no there a problem on our side try again later. I even cancelled all the trips and booked again but no joy. All I can do is keep trying 

Thanks again for all the help 

roll on May 

• Confused 1

@Tonycork If I were you I would call CCL and have them book the excursion for you over the phone. The CCL rep will be able to tell you if the excursion has sold out already. I wouldn't hesitate on this. Even if the cruise line is having site issues as @Jim Lamb stated, the CCL rep can still help you solidify the excursions with your booking number. Please let me know how it all turns out. I'm hoping for the best outcome for you! 

Hi Jim and 3Sisters 

All good with the excursions got them booked early today. 
I booked through the website after a phone call to royal Caribbean   
So all set counting down till May 

Thanks again for all your help 

I may be back again soon with more questions 🤣🤣

• Like 1

@Tonycork That's wonderful! I'm very glad you got those excursions all booked up. It's always best to book them before they sell out (because that happens often)! Sometimes just calling the cruise line is more efficient. The website can be a pain at times. If I want something done quickly with a booking I typically call the line to handle it for me. Let the countdown begin! Typically once you cruise it's hard to vacation another way so be prepared for an epic experience! Are you traveling with a large group or solo?

@Tonycork That's the best! I would highly recommend thermal suite day passes to the spa! As a couple, you will be able to easily enjoy those perks on a sea day. Booking this on sea day is the smartest because you will be on the ship all day with plenty of time to utilize the day pass. I'm not sure what the daily rate is but once you get onboard you should head to the spa and check it out! Getting a reservation ahead of time is a must because it does book out, especially on a sea day! 

• Like 1