Baby in serenity

I believe if it's a baby, that baby isn't bothering anyone.  It should be allowed to have a little baby in serenity to breastfeed or just to be with mom.  The reason for adults only is mainly big kids that come in the area and take over the pool or make alot of noise and throw things.  I'm not that ignorant to say you can't feed your baby in the serenity area. The baby isn't hurting anyone. 

It's just people who like to complain about stupid stuff.

• Like 1

@Virginia Carter That's fair. I mean if you need to feed your baby quickly, it's not an issue. If you want to spend extra time with your baby, it makes more sense to go to the family friendly area onboard. I personally think the rules are meant to be followed and it's not that hard to follow them. If babies aren't allowed, then maybe just don't bring your baby there. There are plenty of other baby-friendly spaces. Personally, I wouldn't care. I have breastfed my babies everywhere, but I stay away from spaces where kids aren't welcomed. I have no interest in being treated differently or looked at wrongfully. It's a hard pass for me. I would never complain about a baby in the serenity area. I'm also not the type to complain about nonsense in general. It's a certain type of person that complain about everything, the hyper critical kind.

@Emerygirl I wouldn't get upset about a baby being in the Serenity deck, but I would find it inappropriate. It's breaking the rules as you mentioned. That's what it all boils down to. That rules are the rules and they are meant to be followed. Feeding a child under the age of 21 is not an excuse. You can feed your child in another area. It's not that hard to follow the rules!

Posted (edited)

@DebR If a mom needed to feed her baby, she could do so at a comfy spot nearby! There are so many options onboard beyond the Serenity and adults-only areas. I haven't been to this area onboard before, but there have to be other areas to breastfeed that could make sense!

Edited by Cruising Caribbean

• 4 weeks later...

The problem with feeding a baby in the adults only area is that at some point I guarantee you that baby will start crying. And not everyone would appreciate a crying or fussing baby. 

• Thanks 1

@ombud That's very true. It's just the rule for a reason. Babies need lots of attention and there are lots of other places you can feed your baby! There is no need to do it in the serenity area.

@Seaawgs That made me laugh! I agree that CCL could do better at checking for alcohol brought on board. I'm not sure why the line is so lenient about it. It's easy to get onboard. Do you know anyone who has done it? Unfortunately in my college days many of my friends dared to sneak it on the ship with much success.