Cruise Hive Boards

MCS Duplex Yacht Club Suite

👋 We just returned from our 1st MSC YC cruise.  I can't say enough about the wonderful service we received. I was a little worried about the size of our room, seeing that there was only 1 bedroom & bathroom upstairs and a double size pull-out down stairs with an additional bathroom. We will definitely do another YC again.  The only negative thing I have to say is the disembarkment of the way YC guests are left to fend for themselves.  NCL Haven's guests are literally walked all the way off the ship.

• Thanks 1

@rindybar This is such a promising review! I'm so glad you enjoyed MSC Yacht Club. It's an experienced I haven't explored yet, but I do foresee me trying it in the future! I think I remember seeing your initial post pre-cruise. How did the service/stateroom compare to NCL Haven? I wonder why the disembarkation wasn't all that great. That's great feedback! I know YC guests have great treatments during the itinerary getting on/off at ports, but the service should include disembarking at the end of your cruise! Did you at least receive priority disembarkation? Which ship did you cruise on?

• Like 1

Yes, we did chat a while ago! When you travel in a NCL Haven, the Butler will assist you completely out of the terminal.  That might be because I informed them of my son's special needs  & we didn't do that this time on the YC. My husband didn't think it was necessary....he did say later on I should have made the request 🤦🏻‍♀️😵‍💫 men!

The service was absolutely wonderful on the Meraviglia with the exception of the YC pool bar. But hay what the heck we had a week. We will absolutely do the YC again. Our friends also agreed. 

• Like 1

@rindybar I'm glad you loved your MSC YC cruise experience! I think that MSC Cruises should have that same disembarkation offering. I agree that possibly making the request ahead of time would have ensure you got that service. Having that extra perk while disembarking would have been really nice. If you ever cruise YC again I hope you make that special request! I'm surprised the YC pool bar was disappointing. I thought it would be the best bar service on the entire ship! I'm glad you gave Yacht Club a try. Since you have tried both, do you prefer NCL Haven over MSC YC or vice-versa? How was the MDR and food quality in comparison for NCL? How was the price comparison between the two lines? 

image.thumb.png.9697dc7087fc606c7bdf7f2edaafd94d.png

I definitely prefer MSC YC. Like I mentioned the disembarkment was a huge disappointment.

I would have thought the bar service could have been better, but that wasn't a big deal. No one ever died because they had to wait for a drink.😁 As far as the price difference NCL Haven was about $3,000.00 more for the same trip not including the mini bar, which basically had sodas, bottle waters (flat &sparkling) & juices which was restocked daily. MCS will also provide you with a bottle of your choice ( wine , champagne, vodka, rum or whisky. )

The ship was Immaculate I didn't need to break out my cleaning supplies..Which if you know me that's huge.

The food in the YC was excellent a little different than what you would expect on NCL or Royal, but you can always ask for something that's not on the menu.  The menu changes every day/night in the YC where in the Haven it stayed the same for the week.  We will definitely do the YC again. 

I hope this helped you. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@rindybar Thanks for providing such a comparison between NCL Haven and MSC YC! I'm so glad you enjoyed your MSC Cruises Yacht Club experience. I also appreciate your bar service review. I was under the impression you would potentially be able to have your butler deliver those drinks instead of waiting in the bar line. Either way, the drinks should have been more accessible! Was it primarily the bar service at the pool that had the biggest delay? That's a significant amount more. Considering you prefer the MSC YC experience, it sounds like this may be your preferred cruise experience. I love that MSC Cruises give you a bottle of your choice. I have always had exceptional cruise experiences with MSC Cruises and have been on most of the Seaside-class ships. They have all been immaculate and stateroom cleanliness/service has ben 10/10. All of the Seaside-class ships have YC onboard so I highly recommend those ships for your future YC sailings! 

image.png.4dc326468400d2746e28d6729a3323b2.png

• Thanks 1

@rindybar I would be curious if the YC pool bar would be much quicker on other ships. It's not supposed to be understaffed and I would imagine most (if not all) other ships have better bar service. MSC Cruises prides itself in having exceptional YC service, so I'm assuming this was a fluke thing. If you are paying that much for exceptional service, you should receive just that. You were clearly gracious, but I do think you deserve faster service while cruising with the YC experience. Are you looking into your next MSC YC cruise already? I have looked into cruising YC with MSC Divina. I have heard great things about that ship.

• Like 1

@rindybar Would you be curious to try another itinerary? I would recommend the MSC Divina for your next YC cruise if you like the ships upcoming itineraries. MSC Divina is in the Mediterranean right now, but she is coming to the Caribbean for some of 2025, cruising out of Miami. Are you aa part of the line's voyager's club program? That will get you an extra 5% off you next sailing! I love that the line offers that. 

@rindybar I'm sure long drives are not fun either! I don't enjoy long drives, personally. It's a perk to cruising for sure! You can travel to new destinations without having to necessarily fly or get in a car (depending on the circumstance). Flying is a serious way to get around and once you are in a plane, it's almost impossible to get out until you get to your final destination. MSC World America is going to be a lovely ship. I have had my eye on those sailings too. I wish I could say they were YC experiences, but my children are young enough to not even recognize the difference thankfully. 

image.thumb.png.fbbe1ab3c5211eaff5c3c877e3a8f1c7.png