Cruise Hive Boards

Congratulatory comments

My first trip on Msc line was on Msc Seaside on a 14 day trip from Barbados. On Wednesday during our sea day when everybody was aboard  I tucked away to a special corner and wrote a poem on the smooth sailing across the Caribbean sea and the brilliance of the sunshine as guests laid around the pool in their chairs & towels. The friendly gathering of folks at the shops and bars .The pulsating sound of reggae music punctuating the atmosphere while beverages were ordered by guests to quench their thirst. I addressed my envelop to the captain and left it at Guests services. On return to my cabin  on 5th floor on Thursday night I noticed a strange object on my bed when I opened it to my surprise it was a replica of Msc Seaside in a rectangular box with a thank you letter from Captain Corrado Laconis & the entire crew complimenting me on my poem entitled Wednesday at sea on Msc

I wanna say hip hip hooray to the Captain and his entire crew

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@georgie I'm so glad you had a wonderful cruise experience on MSC Seaside. I cruised on MSC Seaside when it first started welcoming guest aboard, and I absolutely loved it. I have only had the opportunity to cruise on it for 7-nights, but I would absolutely do it again! You must be a talented writer if you received such a gift! A replica of MSC Seaside and a thank you letter from the captain is huge! Most people can't say they have received that from a captain before, but then again, I don't think most people write poems about their cruise! I would love to read your poem. Do you typically write poems about your cruise experiences? What did you think of MSC Cruises as a first-timer with the line? Would you cruise with the line again?

image.thumb.png.4d61237767e487cf1bb5787c69d28f0e.png

• 2 weeks later...

@georgie congratulations on your gift. I would love that myself, I bet you were feeling fantastic after that. And to know it was so appreciated is even better. You couldn't post the poem to us on here, or was it a one off that went right to the captain?

• Like 1

@georgie That's awesome! It really shows how much MSC Seaside and its cares for its guests. 

@LukeJ I would also love a ship replica! Those things aren't cheap and they are a great memory of your cruise! Do you have any ship replicas? I only have some toy replicas for my children, not the real deal. I should start collecting something of the sort per cruise ship I have been on. Since I cruise a good amount, it would be fun to have physical memoir of each cruise vacation!

@LukeJ I don't think I have even received a note! We may need to get in the business of poem writing. That small (but impactful) gesture surely goes a long way. For the record, poem writing is not easy and takes serious skill. I believe @georgie has some serious skill. Writing isn't easy! It takes a creative mind. Clearly, exemplary poems aren't received by the crew that often! @georgie should keep it up. 

@LukeJ You may be more ambitious than I am! Well, I think a ship replica may actually be at stake here in the right circumstance. You can always give your skills a go here. Most people are brutally honest on the boards, for better or for worse. One thing to note when poem writing is that it doesn't have to rhyme all the time (did you catch that?). I wonder if @georgieused some rhyming in that poem. We may need to learn from the best and get some pointers here!

@LukeJ Yes! That's great motivation. It definitely depends on the type of person but motivation can be encouraging or pose as a challenge to some. When those constantly take obstacles as challenges to overcome, they go further and faster than their peers. If you take obstacles as a let down or disappointment, it will take you longer to reach your goals. I love all of this advice! You are quite wise. I would love the idea of a motivational cruise experience! It could be such a great cruise filled with growth opportunities and self-reflection.

@LukeJ I like this idea of poem writing! @georgie certainly has some poetic skills. Poetry is more popular than ever and it's a great way to express your feelings in a healthy and artistic way. I wonder if a cruise itinerary could offer poem writing activity opportunity onboard. That could be a fun day time activity! I'm not going to lie, creative poem writing/reading would be more enjoyable to observe than karaoke. Karaoke gets overrated quickly. It could be a start to sparking creativity and bonding while cruising!