Cruise Hive Boards

Buenos Aires Port Terminal

Mavis

@Mavis How horrid was that? The winds were so harsh that the roof of the terminal collapsed! I would imagine your NCL ship will also use the Costa Salguero terminal instead. It sounds like that is what the plan of action is until the repairs are made to the Quinquela Martin Cruise Terminal, which will likely take several months! It's only about two miles away, so not that bad at all. What is your NCL embarkation date?

Edited by Cruising Caribbean

@Mavis Your cruise isn't very far out! Will you presumably be cruising out of Buenos Aires? Do you already have your hotel booked? I think the other terminal shouldn't be much of a difference in distance. That's such a headache, but I do expect NCL to reach out to you pretty soon to update those details. I'm sure taxis there are a dime a dozen too. Keep me posted once NCL confirms the changes with you. I would be pretty upset if the line waited until the last days to notify you of the changes. 

• 2 weeks later...

After several calls  chat and e mails, I eventually found out on the 11 Jan after another phone call that there is NO CHANGE and we are still docking in Buenos Aires. Communication not good.

• Thanks 1

@Mavis I can't believe it took so long for the cruise line to get back with me! You are likely going to be using another terminal. There is another terminal option so that's likely the change that will be made. I'm not quite sure how close the Quinquela Martin Cruise Terminal is to the Costa Salguero terminal. I'm glad you will still be able to cruise out of Buenos Aires. It would have been such a hassle if you had to cruise out of another city. Your cruise is almost here so I hope they don't notify you of anything last minute. Keep us posted. 

• 2 weeks later...

@Mavis Thanks for confirming there has been no change thus far. Hopefully NCL will notify you of any changes with enough notice. A last minute switch up could be very frustrating and stressful. Have you cruised out of Buenos Aires before? I hope this cruise goes smoothly for you!