Carnival Ranks Among Top Global Employers for Third Year Running

Great news for Carnival and underscores what we've always experienced on our CCL cruises — the crew are all so professional, friendly, and the hardest working people that I've ever seen.  In striking up conversations with them, you can just tell they love working at CCL and having the opportunities to support their families back home.  So many of them I've talked to have made great careers with CCL, being there for many years.

• Thanks 1

@RoadTravelled I'm so proud of the line, and CCL definitely deserves it! The life of a crew member isn't easy, but when you work for the right employer, the lifestyle can be quite enjoyable! CCL is doing something right to make it to the Top Forbes 2023 Global Employer List for the third year in a row. Have you ever been employed by the line before?

image.thumb.png.ece75b4d4d3e1f86e0bfbfd4f508c3c3.png

@RoadTravelled Thankfully CCL got some good publicity earning this noteworthy rank! 

There have been some negative mentions of the line in recent days.

https://www.cruisehive.com/judge-holds-carnival-accountable-over-cruise-ship-covid-outbreak/114150

https://www.cruisehive.com/carnival-cruise-guest-sues-for-losing-finger-in-door/114127

1 hour ago, Cruising Caribbean said:

@RoadTravelled I'm so proud of the line, and CCL definitely deserves it! The life of a crew member isn't easy, but when you work for the right employer, the lifestyle can be quite enjoyable! CCL is doing something right to make it to the Top Forbes 2023 Global Employer List for the third year in a row. Have you ever been employed by the line before?

image.thumb.png.ece75b4d4d3e1f86e0bfbfd4f508c3c3.png

@Cruising Caribbean  No, never been employed by a cruise line — just a satisfied passenger.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

@RoadTravelled You are super proud of the line too! I love that. I think that many guests who submit negative comments are just looking for something to complain about. Carnival Cruise Line is loved by all. It's very rare that the cruise line isn't one of the top, if not the top dog, in the industry. 

Also, the finger loss lawsuit is ridiculous. For those who didn't know, don't leave your fingers unattended in any doorway. 

• Haha 1

@RoadTravelled I totally agree with you some, well maybe a lot of people in general only post a negative review/comments and dont take the time for positive points. Unfortunately negative thoughts are more impressionable than positve. With that stated i do feel writing a negative is ok if it is warranted and balanced. 

Regarding the finger lawsuit yeah dont thing that will go far as if i recall correctly signage is placed near the balcony doors about door closures. Seems like everyone is eager these days to file lawsuits.  Remember the McDonalds lawsuit about customer getting burned by coffee and the suit was based on that the cup didn't say "caution hot" really??? If you order hot coffee you should know it's hot...lol

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

@euroguy I am so guilty of this! I usually have great things to say about my cruise experiences, but I generally never post about them. It's so true that only the negative comments really stand out, and they give ships and cruise lines such a bad reputation. I should be better at writing reviews in general. It takes extra effort, but I am so grateful for those who do go out of their way to post appropriate and balanced feedback. I think the keyword is balanced. When the review is 100% negative I don't even give it the time of day. When someone is 100% negative, their perspective is clearly skewed and they likely complain about everything, all the time. My children call those "Negative Nancys" and the modern-day name is "Karens." Have you heard of a Karen? 

• 4 weeks later...

@euroguy You are spot on! We need more positive feedback. There clearly are plenty of positive experiences because guests like myself keep coming back for more. I also think the finger-in-the-door lawsuit was excessive. You can't blame the door for closing. That's what they do. They open and close. What else do you expect from a door? This is extremely unfortunate, but I have seen signs posted about the dangers of the balcony doors. 

The stateroom doors, and many other doors in general can be very dangerous. I'm surprised the finger couldn't be salvaged. I don't think the cruise line is to blame, but hopefully, the justice system will sort it all out for the benefit of the greater good. That's all we can hope for, right? @RoadTravelled

image.png.54fb82153499ed66d278d8db3e0056bc.png

@Kendall James-Vargas this is why when i do a review of a cruise i try to be balanced. I like to point out the positives but then point out some short comings. Nothing is perfect but to neglect to point out positives and only focus on negatives is an injustice. Obviously we who love to cruise dont repeatedly go because it's all negative. 

• Thanks 1

@euroguy You always do a great job of that! That's one of the reasons I enjoy your reviews so much; they are balanced and honest. That's right! If it was all negative, guests wouldn't be coming back for more. Many cruisers that leave solely negative reviews usually keep on cruising with that perpetual mindset. Keeping an open mind to find joy and positivity in life is an important trait to have. Everyone loves a friend with a positive mindset! Debbie downers, as they are called, don't always view things the same way. It's just a fact of life! There has to be some counterbalance and opposition to each side of the spectrum. I will be cruising on the same ship I enjoyed a couple of years ago when my room flooded! I was excited to rebook on the ship and didn't even think about that negative experience until now. I can't wait for that cruise next month actually!

@euroguy Today is such a cold day where I live! The whole week will be this way so I really can't wait. I know it's a month out but I'm already going through the summer totes getting snorkel gear and swimwear! The thought of wearing sandals for three weeks in Florida just sounds brilliant. I'm cruising to Costa Maya, Cozumel, and an overnight in Ocean Cay. You may think it's lame, but I'm most excited about my overnight in Ocean Cay. I feel so safe on the island and the food/beverage packages work there. It's such a convenient paradise! Where will you be stopping on your cruise? I think you are doing Eastern Caribbean if I remember correctly. 

I don't think it's lame... you like it so why not. Everyone likes different things so if you're going on vacation do what makes you happy.

Yes eastern Caribbean visiting San Juan, Grand Turk and Amber Cove. Never been to any of them. 

San Juan hired private driver for 4 hours to take me around, Amber Cove I hired a private driver for 5 hours, and Grand Turk hired a private boat to take me to the coral reef to go snorkeling then dive for conch to have fresh conch then to remote island to swim with sting rays

• 3 weeks later...

@euroguy I have been to San Juana and Amber Cove. You will love both of them. San Juan is simple and feels so comfortable because even your cell phone will work! Don't forget you can catch an Uber over there too. The last time I went I didn't book an excursion and went to a very safe public beach area. Our Uber driver recommended it to us and took us there. It was called Playita del Condado. Water was crystal clear, the area felt very safe, and you can rent a beach lounger with an umbrella affordably. image.png.e5eb3e4e6e56e086f36eb9be7a14c197.png

@3Sisters I see a red butt 🤣 less than 30 days out to my cruise and yes im starting to count down and begining to get excited... I have a private driver for the day at amber cove and will be making a  tour of many locations so to get a fully immersive experience, from mountain to city and everything in-between. Grand Turk I will be on a private boat diving the coral reef and then swimming and playing with sting rays on a private island. San Juan is another full day seeing old San juan with a private guide. 

I'm thinking I might need a vacation from the vacation 😆 

It looks like it will be 80 degrees in San Juan when I'm there hopefully 80 doesn't feel like 100.

What time of year did you go and how hot was it??

• Haha 1

@euroguy Wow, I wish I chose an experience like that when I was in Amber Cove. I just stopped at a random beach! You know how to book an excursion. A private driver of the whole region sounds amazing. Your Grand Turk excursion sounds even better! Will you have any extra time after your Old San Juan tour? I think we were there in August and it was pretty hot. It didn't bother us at all though because we were in the water for most of the time! The hot temps don't both me as long as I have access to shade and/or water. Old San Juan has plenty of trees and shade from what I remember. When you exit the ship you will roast. I recommend a wide brimmed hat. 

@3Sisters i think i was a trvel agent in another life...lol

Im all about maximizing time/experiences along with leveraging cost/money. I seem to be blessed with this gift and really do get a fully immersive experience, as you seen on some of my previous posts. 

As for extra time in San Juan Puerto Rico yes I will have a few extra hours and thinking about possibly doing a 45 minute helicopter tour as it would go over jungle areas, city and coastal travel which would be great to complete the experience. 

Thank you for the heads up about the wide brimmed hat... the good thing is I will be in a air conditioned car going from location to location from one end of the city to the other and hitting the majority of the high lites. But of course some walking will be required.

I did forget to mention in grand Turk the boats 1st mate and I will gather few conch then he will make a fresh conch cevechie on the private island. 

Few years back I took my mom and couple friends  on 10 day cruise that stopped at several ports including  Acapulco. I did all the planning and we had a private drivers at ech stop and saw so many things both on and off the beaten path. One stop  the 5 of us each got to release 2 baby sea turtles to the ocean. It was just us private and truly a special experience that was a once in a life time experience. 

If you ever need help with planning I'm available to help. I'm sure I could make your trip epic on a budget.

• Haha 1

@euroguy I know CCL is very generous to you but I love that you make the most out of the opportunities! You could easily just cruise and not do much with it, but you immerse yourself in new regions and cultures. It's impressive to see the time you spend in making your vacations so memorable, and you go the extra mile to do your research too! 

A few extra hours in San Juan and you will be doing a helicopter tour! I love that. I haven't done one of those before. I have had to opportunity to try it, but I felt too chicken. I fly in airplane plenty. I'm not sure why helicopters intimidate me so much. That would be the perfect ending to an amazing day in San Juan. 

This is heavenly! You will make fresh conch ceviche on a private island. What a way to get the full experience! Have you been to Grand Turk before? I have yet to stop there on a cruise, but I want to do this experience! 

I can't believe you were able to coordinate the release of baby turtles into an excursion. I think if you planned my cruise vacation, I wouldn't ever go back to my old way of cruising. Do you do this sort of planning for specialty restaurants onboard the ship too? I always dodge the specialty restaurant bullet and it's mainly because I have to plan it all out! I feel like the sales people for the restaurants are trying to find me so I make a conscious effort to doge them at all costs. 

• Haha 1

@3Sisters it pretty clear that you have learned alot about me through all my post... yes I do a lot of extensive planning months in advance for each destination so I can fully appreciate each and not just a typical tourist spots as I'm never sure if I will return to the location or how long it might be before I return. Another reason is at least 1 cruise out of the year I will almost always try to go to locations I have never been to.  Expand the horizons and see the world, which has so many wonderful things to see and experience.  I have met so many people that have never left the state or at best went to 1 or 2 different states, i find that so sad. 

I have to admit I do enjoy planning the trips and excursions as it's almost like a challenge to what I can see and do and enjoy when I do it for others it brings me a true inner feeling of happiness when I see their smiles and amazement. Yes the baby sea turtles release was incredible almost like a spiritual moment.  Just like back in April when I was able to play/interact with the tiger one on one, one of my life long dreams.

In regards to specialty restaurants, I'm guessing you mean on the ship. Short answer is yes..lololol I actually look at the MDR menu in advance to the cruise and figure out which night dinner options look the least appetizing and select my specialty dinner during those nights, along with looking at ship activities so I won't miss something I want to see or do. Yep I usually have it all planned out.

Then I'm incredibly organized with all the paper work, contact names and numbers and what's taking place.

I think I might ruin you after I planned your trip but you would love it and remember it fir life 🥰

This will be my 1st trip to san juan, grand turk and amber cove.

I guess this is from FROBES the big corporate magazine that rank the most riches people and company in the world. Did you know that all cabin Stewart are trained and evaluated on the number of time they call you by your first name. They are not trained to keep your cabin clean for sure ! May be you can have a little peak at this Carnival Cruise Line's 50th Birthday - Five Decades of Sexual Assaults, Air and Water Pollution, and Avoiding U.S. Taxes and U.S. Wage and Labor Laws | Cruise Law News

and this one : Final DOT Cruise Crime Data For 2023: Carnival Cruise Line's Per Capita Sexual Assault / Rape Rate Is Higher Than 27 States | Cruise Law News

Cruise wisely ! choose your cruise lines !

• Sad 1

@american This was from FORBES, one of the most popular business news sources.

I haven't seen the articles you shared before, but I'm surprised to read them.

I happen to love Carnival Cruise Line and have felt very safe every time I have cruised with the line. Unfortunately, unlimited alcohol and a mix of people can absolutely lead to more assault occurrences. I have never felt threatened as a young lady on any CCL itinerary. Many of these assaults happen when either mindset is altered by a substance or you aren't being as cautious as you should be. As a young lady, I will not engage in questionable conversation and I certainly won't go anywhere remotely alone with a stranger. If you keep your guard up, chances of this occurring on a ship is slim to none. If someone makes one remotely close to inappropriate gesture or comment to me, I will immediately shut it down. It's extremely important to stay away from strangers friends! I teach my kids this all the time. Keeping yourself safe is very important! 

Edited by Cruising Caribbean