Cruise Hive Boards

Bob

On 10/14/2023 at 9:51 AM, Bob L said:

Why does Oceania cruise company need my DOB to use the unsecured Wi-Fi in order to us it ? No airport & hotels ask for DOB. 

sounds like they are verifying user identity with who they have registered in the state room.    Not saying I agree or like it.

Just getting letters from companies telling me there very sorry but we got hacked & your name , DOB. & all your personal info was taken. Now please watch your credit monitoring. We advise change all your passwords. Very sorry if now some one has stollen your ID. I don’t give out my DOB or my SS #  unless it’s my bank . I don’t give my Doctor  my Divers License or my SS#. They ask ? And I ask why they need it ? My Social security card is. printed not to be used of Identification … 

• Sad 1

@Bob L This is awful! There are way too many scammers out there. This was obviously some sort of fluke incident where you received a hack or spam of some sort. It's such a headache to fix all of your cards and automatic payments after something like this happens. You have to be so careful because scammers are everywhere. I prefer using credit cards whenever I can for extra security. Using a debit card comes with even more risks! I have gone to gas stations before and had my card compromised. It's better to be safe than sorry.