Explorer of the seas port change - how it really is

Just want to clear things little bit, as we were on the eos ship rci. Today our cruise ended in Trieste, instead of ravenna. It seems, and they explain it as small issue, and in fact, if you are american and has all the transfers from rci, you have probably zero troubles. They take you to the airport anyway. But for us, european family who had car i. Ravenna, it was really nightmare. Long story short, they really do not care about clients with cars in ravenna, which, in fact is 4 hours drive from trieste. Their idea was, that they take us on train in trieste, and leave us there. Really nice, considering you have kids, baggage, two exchange stations on the way to ravenna. Not mentionig we docked at 3am, and they statyed to disembark at that time. When unhappy italian travelers demanded their rights (yes, maybe too expresively, but, try to understand the situation, they kick tou out from your stateroom at 3am and take you to the trainstation 400km away from your car) - the crew just called their police to silent them. Crew director and captian was hiding all the time, had not seen them for two days. Overall, the way how rci handled us on end of this nightmare vacation was terryfing. Unproffesional, chaotic, arrogant.we were 8!!! times at the customer service to somehow handle the situation. Finally we managed to get to bologna and then took private taxi to ravenna. What is really funny, despite declaring they can not dock in ravenna because of the weather,when we reached ravenna today, another cruising ship was docking there, theregore i am wondering, what is really behind all this mess.

• Thanks 1

@Chvajcin I'm so sad you had to endure such a headache on your recent Royal Caribbean cruise. Switches like this do happen infrequently, but it's just such a shame the way the cruise line handled it. This Explorer of the Seas vacation went from heavenly to havoc quite quickly. That's a great question. What are the underlying circumstances here? Apparently, the weather is the culprit but you stated you saw another ship docking there! Now, I'm questioning the motive too.

https://www.cruisehive.com/weather-causes-royal-caribbean-embarkation-port-switch/111308

• Like 1

I doubt the weather. Marella explorer 2 was docking there in the morning. It is not much smaller ship… Moreover, I can really understand something can happen, however what i really do not understand is the way how rci handle the situation. I can not understand it even more, as they had the very same situation three months ago. Really? They did not learned anything? Shame on them.

@Chvajcin really sorry to hear of your experience. It does sound like a headache, and personally I would have hated to have been in a situation like that. Also, like I've said in the past, nobody cares anymore about how they treat their customers. The pride has gone, customer service is none existent. All companies want to do these days is charge you for more by offering less.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Hi post writer, do you still have your piece of paper that they provided to us in our rooms explaining our rights for reimbursement? We are now being told we wont get our money back and are in desperate need of proof! They are only giving us back the change of flight costs, NOT the flight difference amount (which as it was the day before we were scheduled to fly was £430!) I'm really hoping someone can help us as we had to put this on a credit card as we were promised on board by the staff that the full amount would be covered!

• Thanks 1

@EllieC Were you on this same sailing? Hopefully, @Chvajcin has the paperwork you are looking for. This was such an awful way to end a cruise experience! I hope you are able to get reimbursed for all of these differences. I'm surprised you didn't keep a record of the reimbursement. I'm also surprised that the cruise line isn't following through with what it initially stated. How long have you been seeking reimbursement? Sometimes if you wait too long the cruise line may not honor what it initially stated due to the delay in reimbursement submission.