Cruise Hive Boards

Nieuw Statendam in Dover

• 3 weeks later...

Love the Nieuw Statendam. I've cruised this ship 1/2 dozen times in the last couple years. Mostly out of Ft Lauderdale, FL. Most recently out of Copenhagen end of Aug, 2023. "Really enjoyed the North Atlantic cruise; just pulled into disembarkation port of Copenhagen. The North Atlantic, a nice respite from the heat of Florida. And picturesque scenery not found in the Caribbean." Always safety / comfort conscious, Captain Eric did a nice job of high-tailing it out of the Iceland area to avoid an incoming storm system and rough ocean. Smooth sailing throughout. I have a few more cruises on the Nieuw Statendam planned for the next 6 months. Bon voyage!

• Like 1

@Balmy Jones That's quite impressive having cruised onboard the lovely Nieuw Statendam half a dozen times! I have been itching to explore North Atlantic cruising. Thanks for sharing your feedback. You are a VIP guest on this ship! I have to ask, why is this ship so near and dear to your heart? Have you cruised on any other ships and felt this same attachment? There is really something to be said about your loyalty to the ship!