Adults-Only Hideaway Beach

@LukeJ This is a fabulous addition to an already wonderfully designed private island. Hideaway Beach is slated to open in January 2024! I think this beach is sure to be a hit with its swim-up bar. It's an 18 and up crowd so maybe it will attract a bit of a party scene mixed in with adults looking for a break for loud children splashing throughout the onboard pools. Hideaway Beach really helps balance out the island's amenities, catering more to adventure-seeking families.

We enjoyed Coco Cay back in the day when only Celebrity ships stopped there.  It was very laid back and relaxing- our favorite “private” island.  We have not visited since it has been revamped into the carnival it is today.  Doesn’t sound like our cup of juice. 

• Like 1

@FJB I like the way you said it, "cup of juice." It is a lovely private island, and it's a bummer that Celebrity Cruises doesn't stop there anymore. It's certainly changed since! Coco Cay isn't the laid-back stop it once was. After Royal Caribbean invested $250 million into it, Coco Cay has become more lively than before its revamp that began in 2019.

@FJB I love the way you phrased that. I haven't been to Half Moon Cay  in a while! It's probably been about 10 years since I visited too. It's a tender port apparently, but it should be adding a port pretty soon. Half Moon Cay has so many amenities now, even a straw market. I miss the old private islands. They were sleepy, easy to navigate, and had no pushy salespeople floating around. Everything is about pushing sales on these islands now.

• Like 1

@LukeJ I really relate to this! I struggle to leave my family behind, although it's always more chaotic. If the childcare onboard is good enough, that could help give you the free time you yearn for, keeping the family time more balanced. I always bring my kids along, but I do, at times, wish I could go to the adults-only infinity pool for those views! It's just a stage that's not forever. I'm sure once I'm older I will actually miss spending my entire cruise at the waterpark and arcade. 

I see a trend, it seems RCL is really upping its game in the adults-only department. RCL's Solarium is now increasing the minimum age requirement from 16 to 18 years of age. I'm glad the line is listening to guests and catering to their requests. Everything seems to be so family-friendly, and those without kids can feel thrown under the bus. Do you think these changes are the beginning of a new era of cruising for the line? I wonder what will come next.image.thumb.png.6fbe9f453a282003c93b17ddede858e6.png