Cruise Hive Boards

Celebrity Beyond 3/17/2025 Panama Canal & Southern Caribbean

mcarab

This will be our 1st time with Celebrity and the Panama Canal/Southern Caribbean. Any recommendations or advice about the Beyond and ports will be greatly appreciated. I know March 2025 is a LONG way off but hopefully the drought will have eased. I did book concierge class and have a another couple also booked SO really hoping it’s worth our time and money.

• Like 1

Woohoo! Celebrity is one of my fav cruise lines. I've not taken a cruise on Beyond. Kudos for thinking so far ahead, I'm more last minute and never more than a year. I'll also say the Panama Canal trip was well worth it for me, it's a 100 yr old 'modern' marvel.  What are your ports of call so people can offer up specifics? I recall we had a quick stop at Colon, Panama and were instructed to not venture out past a shopping center. So, not a good stop.

• Like 1

My assumption is that you will not go thru the canal while aboard the Beyond but will dock at Colon instead and see the canal from there in a smaller boat.  IMO this is a better way to see the canal, though I haven’t gone thru any of the locks on a cruise ship yet.  On the smaller boat, you are up close and personal - you can actually touch the walls of the locks. 

• 3 weeks later...

@mcarabBy that time I hope the area has found a more permanent solution to helping the Panama Canal water levels to remain high enough. It's such an unfortunate time for Panama as those water levels have remained lower than expected. Do you have any travel insurance for this trip? In fact, due to the current drought situation, I would almost deem cruise insurance as necessary.

This is what cruise instance doesn't cover. https://www.cruisehive.com/what-cruise-insurance-not-cover/17707